VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 34, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since this mess started, YouTube released a statement that effectively said these claims were normal and expected due to recent changes and that people who believe they're unfair just have to dispute them in the usual manner. >_>;

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 21 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gemini000 wrote:

Since this mess started, YouTube released a statement that effectively said these claims were normal and expected due to recent changes and that people who believe they're unfair just have to dispute them in the usual manner. >_>;

I think what youtube does is a load of bollocks. I fought against ACTA, I fought against PIPA, SOPA and so forth. But to no avail, cause guess what ? The people with the money still fucking do not care. So much for "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." When in fact human beings are getting screwed over every damn day.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2013-12-13, 17:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 34, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

That's the point I leave this thread 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

That's the point I leave this thread 😉

Good riddance . And to any one who is offended by me swearing. Well, welcome to the real world. Coffee is spilled. And words are coming out of my mouth. Even if they do not sound lovely. But I do not say racist words, unless they are in a very distinct context.

Reply 24 of 34, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hey, go easy on the hate pills. I declared myself out of this because from now on tin foil hats seem to be worn...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 25 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

Hey, go easy on the hate pills. I declared myself out of this because from now on tin foil hats seem to be worn...

So , you are calling me paranoid ? Oh my, I am not paranoid. But oh well, I am just trying to see realistic on the news upon youtube, and their idiotic new algorithm .

Reply 26 of 34, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No that's not what I'm calling you or am implying.

Reply 28 of 34, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Calm down, guys. That's one of the reasons this forum even exists. If you were one hundred percent satisfied with your new computers, games and software, no one would ever bother to make retrocomputing his/her hobby. Just say a huge "Thank you" for Windows 8, SOPA, tablets, non-challenging games and all the other idiotic stiff going on in IT industry. It helps our community prosper in some way.

Reply 29 of 34, by Gabucino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's a helpful quiz:

1. I instaquit on videos with commentary ("Hay guise, today we..."): Y/N
2. Videos should be plain files instead of bloated html5/flash players: Y/N
3. Videos shouldn't be concentrated on single providers: Y/N
4. If one day every "Letsplayer" got on a train and never came back, I couldn't care less : Y/N

If you said "N" more than 1 time, you're part of the problem. Now go and try to understand your shortcomings.

Reply 30 of 34, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gabucino wrote:
Here's a helpful quiz: […]
Show full quote

Here's a helpful quiz:

1. I instaquit on videos with commentary ("Hay guise, today we..."): Y/N
2. Videos should be plain files instead of bloated html5/flash players: Y/N
3. Videos shouldn't be concentrated on single providers: Y/N
4. If one day every "Letsplayer" got on a train and never came back, I couldn't care less : Y/N

If you said "N" more than 1 time, you're part of the problem. Now go and try to understand your shortcomings.

Hyperbole much?

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 32 of 34, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gabucino wrote:
SquallStrife wrote:

Hyperbole much?

Actually I live by these - to the letter. It's very satisfying.

I readily admit there is an over-abundance of pure garbage on Youtube, but "videos with commentary"? That's a pretty broad stroke to paint.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 33 of 34, by j7n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I said N exactly one time, because I rather enjoy watching one guy calling his viewers guys. He's a well educated person, and his strategies on tackling economy simulation games are interesting.

Do you actually have a player accessible from your browser right now to play plain files? Y/N

I find that people don't even use their MP3 players in this capacity anymorre. But I'll just post MP3 links, and they can sue me.

Reply 34 of 34, by Gabucino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
j7n wrote:

I said N exactly one time, because I rather enjoy watching one guy calling his viewers guys. He's a well educated person, and his strategies on tackling economy simulation games are interesting.

What I meant were videos where voiceovers are not warranted under any circumstance. Like a Thief video.

Do you actually have a player accessible from your browser right now to play plain files? Y/N

Yep, QuickTime plug-in. I use an iBook.