Common searches

FREE fallout 1,2, & tactics

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shame about them pulling the games, I'm glad I already bought them all. Sorry that some of you guys didn't get a chance to download them.

As far as the new Fallout goes, rumor has it it's based in the ruins of Boston:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20131213

Reply 21 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DracoNihil wrote:

I hope somewhere down the line GOG manages to secure rights to distribute the games on their platform DRM free, but knowing Bethesda and their parent ZeniMax I doubt that will happen any day soon if at all. "Capitalism Ho!!!"

Bethesda released Arena and Daggerfall as freeware with no DRM.

Reply 22 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:
DracoNihil wrote:

I hope somewhere down the line GOG manages to secure rights to distribute the games on their platform DRM free, but knowing Bethesda and their parent ZeniMax I doubt that will happen any day soon if at all. "Capitalism Ho!!!"

Bethesda released Arena and Daggerfall as freeware with no DRM.

That's true, but look how old those games are now. The commercial possibilities have been pretty much exhausted. They had nothing to lose by releasing them as freeware. As long as enough people are still willing to pay for the Fallout games, they won't be released for free.

Reply 23 of 23, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Who knows maybe they will release them as freeware themselves but want to do it directly...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper