User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I.e., what saved searches do you receive email alerts for? Mine are:

• Athlon 64 FX-57
  • Radeon 9800 XT
  • Rage Fury MAXX
  • Voodoo 5 5500

Saw a couple of new old stock Rage Fury MAXX's a couple of months ago. Probably should have nabbed one...

PCGames9505

Reply 3 of 21, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Roland (LAPC, MIF, MPU, RAP, SCB, SCC, SCD, SCM, SCP) on ebay.com/de/uk/nl/pl/ie/it/es. Mind you: there is no good global eBay search.
(Sound, Creative, SoundBlaster) (CT1300, CT1320, CT1350, CT1600, CT1680, CT2600)

I used to have a lot more but I decided to focus on Roland and early SB only.There is just too much out there to collect. So I no longer collect. 😊

Reply 4 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Atm I have almost everything I really want (missing Neon 250 and Paradise Tasmania). I'm mostly searching for boxed first generation 3D cards for collection. I guess that is what you become when you start to have all your practical needs covered.

I've gotten some duplicate sought after items as well. I figure they are handy to have in backhand for trades with other collectors who care less for money and more for the actual item.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 5 of 21, by fantasma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I check regularly on my local eBay-like site for a Roland LAPC-I, I want one so bad (I have to do it manually though, since the alert system is broken and no one cares to fix it). These last couple of years I've found some rare stuff at a good price, for example an IBM CGA monitor and video card, Model F and M keyboards, GUS cards, a VFX-1 headset (that I missed, sadly); so I hope the day will come!

Reply 9 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

3dfx 5500
Soyo 845 ISA
HOTAS Cougar
Diamond MX300
JBL 044Ti

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 21, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I dont think iam going to tell it, because of compentition.. And i just see what i find and wanting to buy.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 11 of 21, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I do not mind sharing. And I do on Vintage Computer Forum. I have the #1 and #2 for sale most traffic topics there: sound cards & Craigslist.

In the last 2 months I have amassed 9 desktops / midi towers and 25+ Roland cards / modules. At what point does one cross from collecting to hoarding / OCD-ing?

I could have bought some additional cards, BOBs and modules but my wife was getting very annoyed with me and that excludes my EU hoard. 🙄

Reply 12 of 21, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

In the last 2 months I have amassed 9 desktops / midi towers and 25+ Roland cards / modules. At what point does one cross from collecting to hoarding / OCD-ing?

You mean, you bought over 25 of them just in the last 2 months? 🤣

I don't think of hoarding as negative if the stuff is actually put to use, but if it just forever sits in some box to satisfy an arbitrary collecting need...

Reply 13 of 21, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes: purchased in the past 2+ months. I will probably use a lot of it and keep backups. But I will sell / trade a lot throughout 2014 as well. I was looking for LAPC-Is and ended up finding a lot more than I bargained for. And I cannot avoid a purchase when it is too good to pass up on. I do pass on some things and list it on the Vintage Computer Forum topic. 😁

Reply 14 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

[...]
HOTAS Cougar
[...]

🤣 🤣 🤣 I see what you *almost* did there 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

@ PeterLI

your storage is full, send some stuff over for "safekeeping" 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 16 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ not that good anymore... there is a shortage of spare parts 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 17 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

[...]
HOTAS Cougar
[...]

🤣 🤣 🤣 I see what you *almost* did there 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Huh? 😕

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 18 of 21, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
d1stortion wrote:
PeterLI wrote:

You mean, you bought over 25 of them just in the last 2 months? 🤣

I don't think of hoarding as negative if the stuff is actually put to use, but if it just forever sits in some box to satisfy an arbitrary collecting need...

In guitar circles it's known as GAS, or Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, when someone starts buying guitars for one reason or another and can't stop themselves until their house is overflowing with them and they're being threatened with divorce or eviction.

Reply 19 of 21, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That is very unlikely to happen. I will sell a bunch of stuff in January / February. I do not have tested most of it yet. I also need to bring it back to the US. I can then also sell some systems. My wife wants me to trim and recover some $ for diapers. 😁