VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whenever I go into the MIDI input plugin and configure, PlugAndPlay locks up Winamp for a good 10 seconds before I finally see the configuration screen and I have no idea why or how to debug this. (This only happens if Winamp is freshly started, once the screen comes up after the 10 seconds of freezing for no reason, subsequent visits are not stopped up)

All I have is Daniel K's x-fi drivers (since it's the only one that makes OpenAL function on 64-bit programs), BASSMidiDrv, MUNT and that one YMF262 emulator that I found on a thread here on VOGON's. And of course the broken ass X-fi soundfont synths I STILL TO THIS VERY DAY cannot use properly.
(I think I even remember starting a thread here about clicking noises trying to use large soundfonts on my X-Fi Titanium HD and frankly that topic lead nowhere like I suspected it would, way to go Creative for %&(*#ing everything up as usual)

Has anyone else had this problem with Winamp before? I really want to fix this already as it's REALLY ANNOYING that a windows service blocks Winamp entirely doing who the hell knows what... I seriously wonder what goes on at Microsoft...

Another thing that disturbs me is, since I have to close Winamp entirely to change soundfonts on BASSMIDIDrv, if I close winamp fast enough and bring it back up to play a MIDI file I get the error box: "The interface is unknown."

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DracoNihil wrote:

I have no idea why or how to debug this.

Why not try disabling your MIDI drivers one by one and see if disabling one of them solves the problem?

Reply 2 of 4, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How do I do that for the X-FI drivers? I can disable the others simply taking them out of the registry but I'm not sure how to do it for my Creative card.

Deleting all the keys for MIDI in drivers32 doesn't make any difference other than obviously making BASS, MUNT and YMF262 Emu disappear. How does Windows detect the Microsoft GS Synth and my soundcard's synths? This has confused me for a very long time how it even detects those... let alone if there's any way at all to disable the GS synth.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 4 of 4, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not that I can find, all I can do is disable the whole x-fi device driver... Unless there's something I'm missing?

― Κυνικός Δράκων