Note FM Tracker

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 58, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here I am..
well, I don't have the time to take a closer look at the program right now but has the "Note" tracker a specific Dual OPL2 driver or mode to playback stereo FM with either the SB Pro 1 or PAS ?

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 21 of 58, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know, I never checked. I think that Dual OPL2 cards will either play 11channels two times or all channels stereo.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 22 of 58, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK and why do you want me to do recordings with "Note" and my Dual OPL2 cards?
To see if voices sound different from OPL2 and OPL3 an monaural track played on any OPL3 and OPL2 card should do the job.

Or did I misunderstand you?

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.

Reply 23 of 58, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't care about that, I want to hear how does an dual opl2 card sound when playing some note songs, as well as adlib gold.

Reply 24 of 58, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So you basically want to know if a card with Dual OPL2 sounds different from a single OPL2 card? Technically the same commands are sent to each of two OPL2 so in theory you hear the same monaural FM music as if played back with a single OPL2 card like AdLib or CT1350.

I think I still don't get it 😀

Reply 25 of 58, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I already know that 😁
That's not the point. When you really like to do something you do it. If I thought like that about everything in this hobby I wouldn't do much.

Maybe Note has support for dual opl2, never know till you try.

Reply 26 of 58, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, Stojke,
let us stop here.
I was asking several times and I still don't see your point and instead of telling me what exactly your request is about you still don't answer.

Reply 27 of 58, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I told you a few times already, I would like you to make an analogue to digital record of audio data coming from your sound card with dual OPL2 chipset and send me the WAV/MP3 data to listen to.
If you agree on such a task, I will tell you which songs composed in Note are the ones I am most familiar with and would like to hear them.

Reply 28 of 58, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some recordings I made for Stojke, using the NOTE FM Tracker software, on an AdLib Gold sound card. If anyone is interested!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXhcTEKIuI

The first 8 songs were special requests from Stojke, the rest I added as a bonus because I thought they sounded cool.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 29 of 58, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thank you for a great addition to the demo song list 😁
Glad you liked it, Awesome stuff!

As commented on YouTube, it seems that some songs lack certain instruments and sounds probably due to either optimization or lack of proper instructions maybe? (YMF262 vs CT1747)

Reply 30 of 58, by avx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does the Note FM tracker or Adlib tracker allow control of the surround module(reverb etc)? It could be used to debug dosbox newly added Adlib Gold support (just enough that it can now be selected) to find the commands to map to BREVERB for reverb approximate-simulation.

A test file could be made that is then played with Adlib Gold and through the Breverb to match the reverb characteristics (though I can match them even just by listening the Dune music but bit less accurately).

Reply 32 of 58, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MaliceX wrote:

I know there's an open-source imsplayer on Google code, although it does not appear to be as accurate as OCPLAY. :\ But anyway, anything related to .SOP/.IMS seems hard enough to obtain as it is.

If you're interested, I'm implementing an AdPlug replayer for IMS format. 😉

https://github.com/adplug/adplug/pull/42

Didn't take a look at SOP format though.

by Stas'M

Reply 33 of 58, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally, MUS/IMS/MDI replayer is finished and merged into master branch of AdPlug!

If anyone have documentation and/or sources of SOP player, let me know, it also looks very interesting for me (thinking about AdPlug SOP replayer implementation).

I already contacted with Park Jeenhong (creator of Grassman SOP Winamp plugin), but didn't get answer from him.

ik777 wrote:

but Not have SOP data sheet in cafe, only SOP file player source available. (it was used like WinAMP plugin.)

Can you share the source code? Thanks in advance! 😀

by Stas'M

Reply 34 of 58, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ik777 wrote:

but Not have SOP data sheet in cafe, only SOP file player source available. (it was used like WinAMP plugin.)

Can you share the source code? Thanks in advance! 😀

Collected whatever "SOP" and "source code". These are over 10 years old source and cannot guarantee what you want.

Attachments

• Filename
    in_fm0.8i4.rar
    File size
    27.28 KiB
    Downloads
    192 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    adlib262.zip
    File size
    62.1 KiB
    Downloads
    188 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    AD262SOP.zip
    File size
    8.21 KiB
    Downloads
    182 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    a262-122.zip
    File size
    62.1 KiB
    Downloads
    179 downloads
    File license
Last edited by ik777 on 2017-01-10, 05:11. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 35 of 58, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ik777 wrote:

Collected whatever "SOP" and "source code". These are over 10 years old source and cannot guarantee what you want.

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed. 😁

TS.C from adlib262.zip is the source of MS-DOS test player by Park Jeenhong, and AD262SOP.C from AD262SOP.zip is OPL3 library used in it (first archive contains it too, but last looks more friendly, without assembler inline code). 🤣

Also there is NOTE.DOC format documentation on Korean language, it's useful too. 🙄

by Stas'M

Reply 36 of 58, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And now I'm more than happy to tell you - AdPlug replayer implementation for SOP format has been finished! 😎

Here is the commit:
https://github.com/adplug/adplug/commit/3e86c … f8c8bbad8bddacc

Also I added SOP format support to MIDIPLEX, so now you can edit and convert these tunes into MIDI format:
https://github.com/stascorp/MIDIPLEX/commit/8 … bd4ac840f0b9329
Binaries are here:
https://github.com/stascorp/MIDIPLEX/releases

Have a nice day! 😉

by Stas'M

Reply 37 of 58, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike sound font, FM has no "present bank", doesn't it? You're free to create your own waveform, enabling impressive music aka that of Dune of Laser Squad, am I correct?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 38 of 58, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike sound font, FM has no "present bank", doesn't it? You're free to create your own waveform, enabling impressive music aka that of Dune of Laser Squad, am I correct?

Yes, you're free to create your own FM sound, but in the range of physical possibilities and specifications of your favourite chip.

by Stas'M

Reply 39 of 58, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
binarymaster wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Yes, you're free to create your own FM sound, but in the range of physical possibilities and specifications of your favourite chip.

I see. I remember impressive FM songs somewhere on Youtube, wait...

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.