VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Valum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Everybody!

I´m looking for one of my favorite games from my childhood.
Its a game that plays in space i think on a kind of space station, its 2D and a Sidescroller, you play an astronouth and to open some of the doors there you have to solve number puzzles.
I think there was a kind of shield you could activate to prevent dmg, and on some part of the space station there was a kind of poison that dealt steady dmg to your hero.
I think there were some kind of weapons you could switch between with the number keys.
badly thats all i can remember, would be really cool if somebody knows the name of this game

Greetings
Valum

Reply 2 of 15, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

and to make things easier here is a video with Abuse gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8cYYPpRboo
is this the one?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 15, by Valum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sry its not Abuse, the gameplay was way slower and the game was more colourfull and wat was very significant were theese number puzzles that you had to solve to open some doors, the looked like
------------------------------------
| 45 65 12 87 01 45 21 88 ?? |
------------------------------------
and you had to solve the last number, just an example for this

Reply 8 of 15, by Valum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Search wasn´t succussfull yet, so here some more Informations
Games that are NOT the ones I look for are:
Abuse; super solvers: outnumbered; math rescue; Captain Comic I & II Duke Nukem II; Electro Man; Gateworld; Phylox; Sinaria; Space Quest I; Space Chase; Out of This World; The dig; Wreckers; Starflight; Starquest 21st; Alien Carnage; Math Blaster; Rick Dangerous; Lezac; tryian; Abandoned; Defender; Kernel Exeption; Elite; Flashback; Frontier; Space Station Oblivion; Solar Winds the escape; Rama; Cyborg Hunter; Kult; Black Stone; Zack Mackracken; Turrican; Xain Sleena; Contra; Alien Breed; Supernova; Out there Somewhere; Commander Keen; Another World; Cannon Fodder; Crusader no Remorse: Astrocold; Cybermercs; s.c.a.t.; Space channel; Lightspeed; Dream Warrior;
Here is a Picture of what I remember the game looked like, please keep in mind that my memory of this is 20 years old and I was 6yo back then 😉
http://s1.directupload.net/images/140107/2hmcivcl.jpg

Reply 11 of 15, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any idea which year you played it first, and if it was released that year or so?

For now, from your original description, I can only imagine EGA-ish (16) colours, but couldn't point it out... any idea if it was EGA or VGA or even CGA?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 13 of 15, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's a long shot, but could it be Starblade?

(It's an older game, though.)

198725-starblade-dos-screenshot-exploring-your-starship-vga-s.png

I doubt this is one of them, but anyway, another Space themed 2D game : Murders in Space.

198973-murders-in-space-dos-screenshot-exploring-the-interior-of.png

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers