VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know we're not allowed to post For Sale items on here, I have a couple old systems I would like to get rid of and need some kind of idea on a value for them.

I have an Asus N10J-A1 (1.6ghz Atom, Nvidia 9300/Intel GMA hybrid graphics, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 6 cell and 9 cell battery, external DVD-ROM, A/B/G/N Wifi, etc)

and an Asus G50vt (Core Duo, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 9800 graphics, DVD-RW)

I'd like to get some kind of idea of what I could reasonably expect to get for these before I go posting them on Ebay. While this is probably unreasonable, it would be nice to get most of the way to a Surface Pro or Asus T100.

Any ideas? I know I'm not going to get anywhere near what I paid for them, but it would be nice to see around 30-50% of the purchase price.
Or maybe I'm dreaming. 🤣

Reply 1 of 4, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They don't seem old by vogons standards. Look on eBay for prices. Amibay is a trading site and they don't allow such discussions I don't see that vogons should take on that role, though the seemingly interminable discussions about auctions and item values and who I bought what etc sure as hell makes it seem like it does that already.

/rantoff

Reply 3 of 4, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not to beat this into the ground, but the reason I posted this query was the last several times I've tried to find pricing (even just ballpark) on these type of systems, I haven't found much other than parts on E-bay. Just searched again and found listings for both, so I guess I should have looked first before I posted. Sorry for clogging up the forum.

Reply 4 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In the end, they are worth what people will pay for them. If you set your price too high and no one wants to pay for them, then you need to lower your price. If you are in a hurry, then just post them at the price you would like to receive for them and don't worry about whether you could have started higher.

I've been re-listing a couple of items for over a year now and I think it's time I gave up and dropped the price.