VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gpapanasta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone have Audigy 4 Pro CDs (both Drivers and Software CDs)
I have lost them. It had included Cubase LE / Feuityloops CD.
Please if you have it upload them.
I am also searching E-MU APS Installation CDs

Reply 1 of 4, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Audigy 4 driver is the exact same driver for all Audigy versions.
http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductD … odName=Audigy+4

Unofficial Audigy 4 disc : http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=579939

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 4 of 4, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

I think those applications still require registration thats not provided within the installation.

From what I remember of my Audigy 2 ZS (has almost identical CD package) it doesn't require any registration of the software, but the installer performs a check for the bundled hardware when run. For example the Cubase CD that came with the Audigy 2 ZS will only install on a computer that has an Audigy (I've gotten it to work on my other machine with an older Audigy 1, for example), but it will not install on something without the Sound Blaster installed. From what I recall of the software it's little more than a demo version anyways - it was quite limited in what it would support or allow you to do (I remember the bundled version of FL Studio had some pretty serious limits on the total number of synths and tracks it would let you enable, for example); I'd probably either look at a freeware solution for whatever feature you need (e.g. Audacity or Rosegarden) or purchase a retail version of whichever application you want (like Cubase). Primarily because of functionality.

I do not recall if there issues loading the DTS Connect/Dolby Digital Live packages to a system configured with the downloaded drivers versus the CD drivers - I know the control panel features are somewhat reduced if you simply download the drivers from Creative's website as opposed to loading everything from the driver CD (functionality is NOT reduced, the control panel just has less stuff to tweak). I only mention this because my X-Fi would not install Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect unless it was originally installed with the driver CD (and then updated from the Creative website). Of course, if you don't use that specific feature, it's nothing at all to worry about. 😵