VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can confirm i received the Aoyue 474++ digital Desoldering station about 11.30 dutch time..

I can already pass a reasonable judgment about the product. It is just worth the money if you look on build quality, used components. Inside it looks very high quality and clean build unit..

Only little downside for now.. I had to open it to remove all protection plastics it came with.. And then i mean the plastics that are underneath the handle.. You can try to pull it out. But there will be some plastic left under the handle.. So if you remove that also you need to remove the cover part.. And you need to be a little bit smart how to assemble it to its orginal state..
And the solder gun looks a little bit cheap, maybe this is normal.. But it isnt that bad off falling apart.

The good parts are:

- It using a very heavy pump.
- the size of the unit looks smaller in real life. ( if you think you will receive a very big unit).
- It came with an transport protection screw, it secures the pump to the botton of the unit.. (dont forget to remove that when you going actually use the unit.)
- They will be made ​​clear that the security screw needs to be removed.. So they put an caution sticker on the power lead port..
- The conponents inside arent low quality, looks looks a normal/ good quality to me.
- Replacements (like filters ect..) arent expensive and easy to find..

I think i cant really complain for now.. This set costs me about 170 euro`s from ebay, but shipping was free and so included in the price i guess..
If I opposes it to the duratool, rhinotool desolder station, then on this Aoyue one you really get more value on this unit!
I also have made some pictures, but i havent much time for now to upload them, because about an half hour i need to go working again.. If i have more time to share i will upload them too.
For now its just waiting on more info.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 2 of 2, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I already have tried out my new desolder station, but iam not really happy about that one.. The gun is cheap.. Has a big suck pump, but i think its doesnt suck very great..
If i try the smallest 1mm nozzle/ tip its doesnt work on little holes like ICs and so on.. But it works great on bigger holes..
So now iam think of selling this unit and go for more expensiver pro stuff..

Better said: You get what you paid for! Do not think of getting quality about 150 euros!
Only the biggest profit is that spare parts like filters are easy to find..
For the unit it self its worth the money..
But the desolder gun its self its just a piece of cheap shit!.

~ At least it can do black and white~