Common searches

Show us your inner child

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 38, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Keropi: That's what I hear from all my cousins. Yeinesai andras pio grigora etsi...katalaveno 😀

I've heard Chios is nice, the closest I've been is Patmos..all the islands have their own kind of beauty.

Nice Sony CRT monitor btw...I think badmojo has the same one 🤣 (posted in Post pics of your CRT monitors)...do you still have any of those parts from 1997?

I have to ask...is it easy to find old retro computer parts in Greece? I may have to ask my cousins to send me some stuff if it is....it's been a little hard for me to find any Roland ISA cards and some older motherboards.

Reply 22 of 38, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, military makes you a man that's for sure... at least it used to, I hear nowdays things are more relaxed and the service is something like 9 or 12 months, back then it was 18.

I had the monitor 2-3 years ago, it bit the dust and got recycled. It had seen heavy usage so I just let it RIP...
I still have the WF192XG soundcard and the mobo/cpu of this pc.
Finding 286/386/486 or even p1 parts is tricky around here too, most sources are relatives/friends that have old pcs stored and they just gift them to you. Don't hold your breath though on "exotic" Roland stuff... they are pretty rare around here...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 38, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So, that's how you look....looked like, keropi! Nice pic!

Btw, all the photos are good, guys! It's nice to see growing up kids with the computers.

(Including sliderider's 🤣)

I don't have mine with my computers.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 24 of 38, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I seriously need to take a look at the family albums. I'm sure I have a couple of good ones 😊

Edit: Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have anything totally noteworthy. I only have my older brother playing Mortal Kombat 3 on our Pentium 133 and the two of us totally concentrated on playing X-Com Enemy Unknown 🤣

Reply 26 of 38, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

my friend wanted to take action to this thread .... of course I had his picture in the process, dont ask me what I added Dolan in the process... he own us ? gowthik.jpg

Reply 27 of 38, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You took the cover off your PC but you're still wearing those military mega boots! Great pic thanks for sharing that keropi.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 28 of 38, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't help but notice, and comment, did everyone in the Western Hemisphere own a Gateway 2000? Lol. Because even my family went through many Gateways at the time, our last most recent one was running windows xp SP0 then we changed it out for an HP, we bought a dual set. One for my dads office and one for my mom/living room. The one in the office died so my dad repossessed the living room PC which prompted for buying the HP from SAMS club, ah memories, it was on sale with a special, but it and you got a free cannon printer. That gateway is still ticking away in my dads office, two years ago we upgraded it to 1.5GB ram, the Gateway 2ks we owned were fort the set top PC, then another set top, then a tower, the tower was then given to my little sister, t that time who was 7, she killed three CD-ROM drives in that, but that's another story. Then we gave her my old desktop which was an EEPC budget computer that had 1GB ram, 40GB hd, DVD/CD-RW drive and Windows Vista Basic. Then in 2012 we put that into storage and gave her a PS3. My desktop after that was a gateway AMD sempron with a 120GB HD, Integrated Nvidia Graphics, and Windows Vista Home Premium with 2GB ram, I had that until 2010 when I got my Lenovo y560p laptop, core i7, 500GB HD, 4GB ram, AMD 5670 1GB I think. Then I was given my most recent desktop which is a core i5 2.8ghz Sandy Bridge, 16gb ram, 500gb hd, A,D 6870 1GB which has faulty graphics memory. Then I got my older sisters "old" laptop which has 6GB ram, 750gb HD, NVIDIA something 1GB and had windows 7 home premium then I upgraded it to windows 8 64bit. I also like long walks on the beach, candle light dinner and smooth jazz. Sorry bout this tech rant. I hope this makes up for my 4month non posting but lurking then 8 Month hiatus. Now to be lurking/inactive for another year. :p Yes, there will be a test on this later.

Last edited by dosquest on 2014-01-26, 19:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 29 of 38, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dosquest wrote:

Can't help but notice, and comment, did everyone in the Western Hemisphere own a Gateway 2000? Lol. Because even my family went through many Gateways at the time, our last most recent one was running windows xp SP0 then we changed it out for an HO, we bought a dual set. One for my dads office and one for my mom/living room....

🤣. Gateway was a big seller in the early 90's. I remember when I used to read Computer Shopper magazine, Gateway and Micron were always rated the highest in all their tests and reviews and they always had the fanciest cow patterned glossy advertisements 🤣. Gateway 2000 was THE computer to have (especially in the US) during the early to mid 90's. Just like Dell in the early 2000's....The majority of early 2000's systems I now see at computer recyclers are IBM's and dell machines (in Canada).

Reply 30 of 38, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:

You took the cover off your PC but you're still wearing those military mega boots! Great pic thanks for sharing that keropi.

Heh, sadly there are no "summer boots" 🤣 and you can't replace them with something else since they are a part of the uniform. You do get to roll-up your sleeves in a certain way so that they look nice and wear camo/khaki t-shirts under the uniform... 😎

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 31 of 38, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've asked my mum to locate a photo of me as a toddler having a stab at my grandad's TRS-80 CoCo... I'm 90% sure the photo under their house still. I hope she finds it! The house the photo was taken in doesn't exist any more. 🙁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 32 of 38, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Funny thing about the Gateway 2K computer, I actually have a picture of myself, as a kid, similar to the one already posted in this thread...except its me...playing jewel thief on it. :-3

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 33 of 38, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I came across an older pic of my inner child the other day - here I am in 1983 or 84 sitting in front of my father's Microbee, an Australian made PC that he was dedicated to for years. He must have spent a pretty penny on this setup, which includes a printer, tape deck, bee modem, joystick, and TV monitor. The spiderman is mine however, and I can see my first watch peeking out of my primary school jumper sleeve too - it was a knock off casio that I wore on my right hand. My wife insists that it's the wrong hand, but that's where I wear my watch to this day. It's a real casio these days though.

Microbee_zpsmpk8yo6s.png

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 34 of 38, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know it ain't the greatest picture in the world, but here's me, in the summer of 2001, in front of the family's K6-233 system. Clearly visible are the Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick I used to have and the HP ScanJet that's still kicking around my house somewhere:

WyEhH38.png

And, because my face is not visible in the above picture, here's me from Christmas of that same year. Somebody (probably my mom) forgot to turn on red-eye correction:

QY4RZhL.png

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 36 of 38, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Me at age 11(?) playing Opposing Force. OpFor box included in the picture for fun.

Attachments

• op for.jpg
    Filename
    op for.jpg
    File size
    1.7 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 37 of 38, by StSam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A perfect thread to post my recently found photo. My first job, 1995.

Attachments

• TBT-Vogons.jpg
    Filename
    TBT-Vogons.jpg
    File size
    889.72 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Memento e-Sinu filo!

Reply 38 of 38, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

StSam : was your job apointement was to check if the building was leaking anywhere ?
yes AidanExamineer even at 11 you already totally look alike that guy on the video game box of Half Life! Where did you got those glases big boy ?