VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have to sell my collection of old PC’s, is it best to sell them complete or break them up and sell them as parts? I listed them on ebay but there is little interest despite me taking a lot of photos. Its very depressing having to sell them in the first place but worse to think I might have to take them to the refuse centre.

Thanks

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 1 of 8, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It really depends on what they are, and what parts they are composed of. Some stuff you would probably make more parting them out, I'm sure, but that is a pain since it multiplies the amount of listings and work you have to do. What sort of gear are we talking about?

Reply 2 of 8, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1st system P233mmx, asus 430tx at mobo, 64mb, 3d 2000 pro 4mb, monster 3d 4mb, awe32 with opl3, brand new at mini tower, new psu, new cd-rom.
2nd system PII 400, qdi 440bx mobo, 128mb, tnt 16mb, voodoo 2 12mb, awe64, new atx case and psu, new cd-rom
3rd system Celeron 1.4ghz, 440bx mobo, 256mb, tnt2 ultra 64mb, sli voodoo2, vortex 2, new atx case, dvd-rom

Looking at the specs there not very rare sort after. I think I am going to pull them apart and list the decent bits and scrap the rest.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 8 of 8, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe its a good idea to sell the motherboard with processor and ram(like a kit) , and then selling the rest as spare parts.
If that AT mini tower is nice looking, i have maybe intrests in .

~ At least it can do black and white~