VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by XallMeJesse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Haveb't used DosBox in years and i haven't any clue what I should play. proablya classic. anything rpg, fantasy, action. sheesh... anything really, just so long as its good ^.^

Reply 3 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I suggest try downloading the D-Rend Reloaded + Game Packs. There are adventure, action, etc. packs available. Some of the games are full freeware games that you can try.

Install D-fend Reloaded first, then install the packs you want to try.

D-Fend Reloaded also takes care of all the configs for you, and they're ready to play.

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/Download.html

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 5, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For RPGs I'd look at Ultima VI or Ultima VII. I prefer the story and interface of 7. A few more great old DOS RPG are Wasteland, Elder Scrolls Arena (or the sequel Daggarfall).

For action it does not get much better than Descent I and II. Unless the vertigo really gets you. I preferred playing them with a good flight stick.

The sky is the limit. Like Davros said, GoG is a great place to see what is popular and get reviews.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 5 of 5, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For DOS flight sims I would heartily recommend Their Finest Hour, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Gunship 2000, Strike Commander, and F-117 Stealth Fighter 2.0.

For DOS space sims, Star Rangers is surprisingly fun, hot, and deep.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.