Common searches

Reply 60 of 301, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gerwin wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

Also missing in my collection is the VIA C3 1400. Actually, even though it's listed on wiki, I'm not even sure these exist at all! Same goes for the Tualatin 1400 256kb cache one.

As for the Tualatin 1400 256k, you have one already!: QID2QS (okay it is not retail)

I do???
Well, I do remember having a tualatin es..vaguely. I guess I should go check where I put it 🤣

Edit: I read that it's a Celeron though and Tualeron 1400's are not rare at all. But if it has an unlocked multi, then this CPU should be interesting. Now I really hope I have one 🤣!!

Edit2: Oke, well apparently I do have at least 1 such chip (I used google to find the part number you mentioned in a vogons thread in 2011 and apparently I did a few tests but had a few issues with it).
The thread is here:

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 61 of 301, by armankordi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just IBM stuff at the moment..
IBM PS/2 keyboard
IBM 8514 vga monitor
Ohh, and a complete IBM AT.

IBM PS/2 8573-121 386-20 DOS6.2/W3.1
IBM PS/2 8570-E61 386-16 W95
IBM PS/2 8580-071 386-16 (486DX-33 reply) OS/2 warp
486DX/2 - 66/32mb ram/256k cache/504mb hdd/cdrom/awe32/DOS6.2/WFW3.11
K6/2 - 350/128mb ram/512k cache/4.3gb hdd/cdr/sblive/w98

Reply 62 of 301, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@VoodooMan; I can help you 'find' a PowerVR Neon250, but you're not gonna get your hands on it 😁 🙄

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 63 of 301, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As far as what I'm missing:

Stuff that I "need" (would finish my two current builds) -

- A working higher-PR AthlonXP CPU (should be incoming soon)
- A working Windows 95 boot diskette (GRRR!)
- A nice big Socket 7 heatsink
- Non-IBM PATA hard-drives that work (thus far all I find is Deathstars, Deathstars, and more Deathstars)

I'm also half-heartedly looking for parts to complete a Pentium M desktop build, and an AMD64 dual-core desktop build. But neither of those machines really has a good "reason to exist" beyond entertainment value. There's a few "oddball" graphics cards that I'm also interested in finding eventually, some of them are too expensive today though (I'd expect that to change as time goes on):

From 3DLabs:
- Wildcat REALiZM 800 (the only rub with this one is that despite supporting PCIe and very high resolutions, it doesn't have drivers beyond WindowsXP)
- Another Glint 500TX (the box for the one I have claimed they can "work together" - I want to see it)

From nVidia:
- GeForce *and* Quadro 5800 (these are *very* different cards; I know)

From Matrox:
- Parhelia for AGP

Admittedly I actually went through and unloaded a ton of hardware last summer - most of it was either non-working or hadn't been used in a long, long time; very nice to have storage space back (and of course that means it's time to fill it up with new stuff!).

Reply 64 of 301, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
NitroX infinity wrote:

@VoodooMan; I can help you 'find' a PowerVR Neon250, but you're not gonna get your hands on it 😁 🙄

@NitroX infinity I don't quite get what you mean... I know that you have one though. So what you gonna do, send me a picture of it? 😜

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 65 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NitroX infinity wrote:

If you own it then it's already been "found". It has to be owned by an outsider who wants to sell in order to be "found".

Reply 66 of 301, by siberiankiss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(1) Packard Bell Platinum 2250x NS -- Entirely out of nostalgia
(2) Voodoo 3 2000 16 MB -- NIB, or at least complete
(3) My old Tiger Direct Athlon 700 machine =(

Or, realistically, just the case for (1) and (3). I'd rather just maintain the illusion and spirit of the original system, and build it up better this time. =)

"The triumph of persuasion over force is the sign of a civilized society." -- Mark Skousen

Reply 68 of 301, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I need a couple of small <2 Gig IDE drives to get my P100 and Media GX boxes going, never seem to come across any that small.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 69 of 301, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not really needed... but maybe:

- MB 486slc-33/40 (+ FPU)
- MB 286/16 (+ FPU)
- Lin-Lin s370 Converter for Tualatin cpus.
- Tseng ET4000/w32 ISA

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 71 of 301, by Holering

User metadata

Not much of a collection like everyone here (see sig). I'm going to need some fans; my PCX 5750 sounds like a chainsaw. Just recently realized I have a huge range of games I can play, from DOS to 2005 in Windows 98 SE, so I could get some modern games I haven't played like "Chronicles of Riddick" and "Theif" games.

Reply 72 of 301, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
obobskivich wrote:
- A working Windows 95 boot diskette (GRRR!) - A nice big Socket 7 heatsink - Non-IBM PATA hard-drives that work (thus far all […]
Show full quote

- A working Windows 95 boot diskette (GRRR!)
- A nice big Socket 7 heatsink
- Non-IBM PATA hard-drives that work (thus far all I find is Deathstars, Deathstars, and more Deathstars)
From 3DLabs:
- Wildcat REALiZM 800 (the only rub with this one is that despite supporting PCIe and very high resolutions, it doesn't have drivers beyond WindowsXP)
- Another Glint 500TX (the box for the one I have claimed they can "work together" - I want to see it)

From nVidia:
- GeForce *and* Quadro 5800 (these are *very* different cards; I know)

From Matrox:
- Parhelia for AGP

Some thoughts. Sorry for not quoting individual bits, too hard 🤣

- bootdisk.com
- standard socket 7 cooler with 120mm fan rigged
- Buy new Seagate SATA drive, SeaTools > 32 GB limit > SATA to IDE adapter > brand spanking new ATA100 32 GB hard drive and ferociously fast!
Parhelia? Why? What's cool about it?

What do I want? Easy: time

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 73 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have tandy fever lately...just picked up a near mint 1000tx and a 1000 tl. Now I want a 1000 RSX (for a good price of course..🤣)...I had the chance to buy a trs80 model 3 and also a tandy 2000 186 system complete with tandy monitor but I had to cut myself off due to lack of space for everything. I am hoping to find a Disney Sound Source and an original tandy mouse as well....my want list is way too long and keeps growing.

Reply 74 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Update on what is missing:

Hardware:

Boxed 1990 AdLib Sound Card; (i have now a 1987 bare card, thanks Keropi!!!)
AdLib Gold 1000
Innovation SSI-2001 replica;
Gravis Ultrasound Extreme;

Boxed games:

Arkanoid;
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure;
Wacky Wheels;
Tyrian;
Transport Tycoon;
One Must Fall 2097;
Grand Prix Circuit;
Prince of Persia;

From my last post on page 1, i made quite an improvement, i got a lot of rare games like Stunts and Street Rod, got a Yamaha FB-01 (which i enjoyed very much) a bare 1987 AdLib and even a Boxed Sound Blaster Pro (thanks DK) and even got an awesome boxed Game Blaster (huuuuge thanks to Cloudschatze). Even got a MIDIMAN MM-401 (need to find a breakout cable) quite cheap.

I have a love for GUS cards and i'm willing to own a card with a an ESS Audiodrive chipset, so the Gravis Ultrasound Extreme would be perfect for me. I'm pretty happy with my retro collection.

Reply 76 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjt wrote:

Re Indy, this looks mint: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151392208842

Yeah i noticed today, but i think that's gonna sell in the 50 pound range.

Reply 77 of 301, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Boxed or unboxed Media Vision PAS (8-bit)
Boxed 1987 AdLib Sound Card
Boxed 1990 AdLib Sound Card
Boxed or unboxed AdLib Gold 1000
Gravis Ultrasound Extreme
Sierra Screamin' 3D (Boxed or unboxed)
Boxed Roland MT-32
Roland MT-32 (Newer version with headphone jack, boxed or unboxed)
Creative 3D Blaster TNT2 Ultra (Boxed - US Version, Non-Gamer Edition)
Boxed Diamond Viper V770
Boxed Diamond Viper V550 PCI (Have AGP version)
Boxed STB/3DFX Voodoo2 1000 PCI
Boxed STB/3DFX Voodoo3 2000 (PCI & AGP)
Boxed STB/3DFX Voodoo3 3000 (PCI & AGP)
Boxed STB/3DFX Voodoo3 3500 AGP
Boxed STB/3DFX Voodoo4 4500 PCI

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg