Reply 41 of 301, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lets try to keep things a bit more on topic alright peeps? 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 42 of 301, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@PeterLI, Ok no worries. Thanks for that 😀

@Keropi, Yep, paid $300 AU for the SCB-7. Paid the same for an MPU-401/AT (New in Box). Just about to pay another $300 for an SCB-15. Seems to be about the going rate for internal Roland hardware these days. Each time I find one for sale, which isn't that often, they mostly sell for between $250-$350. That's in AU dollars though. That's part of the problem down here in Australia. Our dollar is crap! So by the time Euro's or US Dollars convert into AU dollars it ends up costing quite a lot. Those prices above do include postage as well which is sometimes a ridiculous amount unfortunately.

Over the years I've noticed less and less retro hardware is going up for sale. That is retro hardware worth collecting or using. Every time I keep things in my watch list for too long I end up regretting it when someone buys it because I end up waiting months for another one to reappear again. Now I tend to buy now and think later (too an extent) haha I do love my daughterboards though 😀

Reply 43 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
borgie83 wrote:

Now I tend to buy now and think later

There's nothing wrong with that. That's how I do it if I know a certain item won't reappear for a very long time. I'll even overpay (up to a point) if I have to if it means I no longer have to wait months or years for the next one. It all depends on how much of a value you put on your time whether you buy now and pay a little more or wait and hope to get a better deal later, but you take a risk that a better deal may never come by waiting.

Reply 45 of 301, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sliderider, exactly my point 😀 I mean, how often do you really see an SCB-7 or SCB-55 for sale anywhere? Not gonna sit around running searches everyday hoping that another one will come along. Especially since when I've done that I've realised that I've wasted my time as the new listing is going for more than what I saw it previously at.

Back to the topic though, I really want to get my hands on a Roland SCC-1, a mac version Voodoo 5500 at a reasonable price, another AWE32 CT3900 (best version in my opinion - genuine OPL chip, non PNP, upgradeable memory, IDE and no hanging note bug in my recent testing) and lastly 1 more MPU-401/AT.

Reply 47 of 301, by rodimus80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Having recently started my adventures into Retro PC Gaming, I've amassed a competent collection so far. I have a 486 PC, Pentium II, a few Pentium IIIs, and a AthlonXP PC. Also a budget K6 PC. I would like to get a 386 and a Pentium MMX.

Reply 49 of 301, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@PeterLi, I do sell items on eBay as well and I have to admit I have had a couple of dodgy buyers but the majority of people who buy on eBay are fine. If they've processed their payment via PayPal and I've been paid then I don't really care what happens from there as I've been paid. It's not like they've got my banking details etc plus PayPal and eBay have buyer/seller protection to protect us from things going wrong. It's also a violation on eBay to deal with the buyer outside of eBay. I understand the only reason anyone would do this anyway is to save money on eBay fees which I'm not going to really complain about as they've got to run a business too and if they didn't charge fees then how are they going to make money? What I don't agree with is paying the additional PayPal fees as from my understanding PayPal is owned by eBay anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Reply 51 of 301, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

1: eBay / PayPal always side with the buyer. So you always lose $ and goods.
2: PayPal is an eBay company so yes: you pay them twice.
3: I do not care about eBay rules. They change them every month to the detriment of the seller.

...to the detriment of the buyer too. Anyone remember this?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 52 of 301, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi! Here's a list of the graphics cards that I am missing:

--=== 3DFX ===--

Voodoo Rush (with 8 mb RAM)

Voodoo 3 3000 PCI (with SGR RAM)

Voodoo 4/5:
- 4500 PCI
- 4500 PCI MAC
- 5500 PCI
- 5500 PCI MAC
- 6000 prototype...

All of the Quantum cards...

--=== 3D LABS ===--

Permedia 1
- PowerColor PCI
- ATrend PCI

Permedia 2:
- Appian Graphics Jeronimo Pro (2x permedia 2)

Permedia 3:
- Permedia 3 Create...

Glint R3
- Ovygen VX1 (PCI Version)

--=== POWER VR ===--

PCX1:
-Apocalypse 3D

PCX2
-Apocalypse 3DX
-Apocalypse 5D sonic

Neon 250
-Videologic Neon250...

--=== Rendition Verite ===--

V1000:
- Sierra Screamin 3D
- Creative 3D Blaster PCI
- Intense 3D 100
- Canopus Total 3D
- Miro Crystal VRX

V2200:
- Jazz Multimedia Bonnie & Clyde...
- QDI Legend AGP

--=== S3 ===--

Savage 4 PCI (Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI)

Savage 2000 64 MB
Savage/MX

--=== Matrox ===--

Millenium R2 PCI 1995 (4 MB)
Millenium II AGP
Mystique 3d-accelerator
Parhelia 256 MB AGP

--=== SiS ===--

Xabre 80
Xabre 600

--=== XGI ===--

Volari V3XT
Volari V5 and Ultra Duo
Volari V8 and Ultra Duo

--=== Trident ===--

Blade XP 9980

--=== Nvidia ===--

NV1 Diamond EDGE 3D

RIVA TNT 2 ULTRA (Leadtek)
GeForce 2 GTS 64 MB (Hercules and leadtek)
GeForce 3(Leadtek)
GeForce 3 Ti 500 128 mb
GeForce 4 4800 (Asus and Leadtek)

--=== ATI ===--

3D RAGE I

Radeon 9800 PRO 256 MB
Radeon 9800XT

Others:

Tseng Labs ET6100
Chromatic Research MPACT
Number Nine Revolution IV
Cirrus Logic CL-GD5465
Paradise Tasmania 3D...
Creative 3D Blaster VLB...

As you can see it is a huge list 😉
If there's anybody who could help me find some of those cards that contact me by mail. I have got also some card for exchange.

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 53 of 301, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I forgot to add (after reading a thread about the subject), I also don't have a single geforce 1 card (though I also never really looked specifically for one either)

@VooDooMan: You must have quite an impressive collection!
Also I wanted to mention that (and perhaps you are already aware of that, but wanted to mention it because you only have 2 posts on vogons...and btw welcome aboard! 😁 ) buying and selling isn't allowed on this forum (captains orders 😜 )

Report spammers here!

Reply 54 of 301, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Tetrium 😉 I do not think that my collectiojn is impressive. I am interested only in graphics with 3D acceleration from around 1995-2004. And that is a list of what else I would like to get. I have already shown some examples of my collection on this forum more or less 30 minutes ago but probably in the wrong section ;P
Yeah I already know that you cannot buy or sell on this forum, but I do not want to do neither of that - I just want to EXCHANGE 😁

P.S. If you want I cen get you one GeForce 256.

ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 56 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VooDooMan wrote:

Thanks Tetrium 😉 I do not think that my collectiojn is impressive. I am interested only in graphics with 3D acceleration from around 1995-2004. And that is a list of what else I would like to get. I have already shown some examples of my collection on this forum more or less 30 minutes ago but probably in the wrong section ;P
Yeah I already know that you cannot buy or sell on this forum, but I do not want to do neither of that - I just want to EXCHANGE 😁

P.S. If you want I cen get you one GeForce 256.

Exchanging is the same as buying and selling and subject to the same messiness that usually ensues when a deal goes bad.

Reply 57 of 301, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Exchanging is the same as buying and selling and subject to the same messiness that usually ensues when a deal goes bad.

OK, I am not going to argue... I just wanted to express my will of getting rid of some of the cards that I've got in excess... in exchange of something that I do not have. I did it several times with people all around the world and nothing "bad" happend. I guess I was lucky 😉 I was hoping to find here some people who would be interested to exchange but if it is not allowed here then I probably ended up in a wrong place 😉

Coming back to the topic there are some processor that I would like to have:

- Athlon 1400B (Thunderbird 1400 MHz – 200 MT/s) - Socket A

- Athlon 1000 (Pluto/Orion 1000 MHz - 200 MT/s) - Slot A

- K6-2+ 570 MHz (180 nm, 128 KB cache) - Socket 7

- Pentium III 1400 MHz (Tualatin - 256 KB cache) - Socket 370

- Pentium III 1000 MHz (Coppermine - 100 MHz FSB) - SLOT 1

- Pentium PRO 200 MHz (with 512 KB cache) - Socket 8

ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 58 of 301, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VooDooMan wrote:
OK, I am not going to argue... I just wanted to express my will of getting rid of some of the cards that I've got in excess... i […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

OK, I am not going to argue... I just wanted to express my will of getting rid of some of the cards that I've got in excess... in exchange of something that I do not have. I did it several times with people all around the world and nothing "bad" happend. I guess I was lucky 😉 I was hoping to find here some people who would be interested to exchange but if it is not allowed here then I probably ended up in a wrong place 😉

Coming back to the topic there are some processor that I would like to have:

- Athlon 1400B (Thunderbird 1400 MHz – 200 MT/s) - Socket A

- Athlon 1000 (Pluto/Orion 1000 MHz - 200 MT/s) - Slot A

- K6-2+ 570 MHz (180 nm, 128 KB cache) - Socket 7

- Pentium III 1400 MHz (Tualatin - 256 KB cache) - Socket 370

- Pentium III 1000 MHz (Coppermine - 100 MHz FSB) - SLOT 1

- Pentium PRO 200 MHz (with 512 KB cache) - Socket 8

Funny, because you listed the exact processors that are also missing in my collection...well maybe except for the K6-2+ 570, I "think" I have a single one of those.
Also missing in my collection is the VIA C3 1400. Actually, even though it's listed on wiki, I'm not even sure these exist at all! Same goes for the Tualatin 1400 256kb cache one.

Report spammers here!

Reply 59 of 301, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

Also missing in my collection is the VIA C3 1400. Actually, even though it's listed on wiki, I'm not even sure these exist at all! Same goes for the Tualatin 1400 256kb cache one.

I agree on the VIA C3, I have not seen photo of one above 1200MHz for socket 370.
As for the Tualatin 1400 256k, you have one already!: QID2QS (okay it is not retail)
When the multi is open it can cover a lot of missing gaps in a CPU collection. At least for practical purposes, Not to "complete your sSPEC's". But I won't ever try that.
Regarding CPU's: I don't have an original K6 myself, the rest is pretty much covered. No Rise or Winchip either, but I suppose I am good without these.
I have two 486's now, but no mainboard for them, Which is also fine.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul