VOGONS

Common searches

Help with voodoo2 ebay sale

Topic actions

First post, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I sold and sent 2 voodoo 2 12mb 3d addon cards via ebay. The buyer now claims there only 8mb boards and wants to keep the cards and me give him a partial refund. I am pretty sure they where 12mb boards, I bought them from the states as new old stock a couple of years ago. Did anyone else buy any the seller in the states had many for sale back then. They were the black STB black magic 3d boards.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 4 of 21, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good suggestion, I have done so and I am awaiting his response. Also I just found photos I took while I was trying to sell the cards as part of a PC that show the ram chips on the back of the cards. So now I am 100% they are 12MB cards (he had me doubting for a second). As the 8MB cards have 8 missing chips on the back of each card. I don't know if the guy is trying to con me or he’s just uninformed.

Reply 6 of 21, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Each card has 12 half meg chips on each side. I have just seen he uploaded a photo he took of dxdiag showing 16mb. Its been along time but I think dxdiag isn't very accurate in this area. I have asked him to check the voodoo2 system info tab of display properties.

Reply 7 of 21, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bought a pair of STB BlackMagic cards from a seller who pulled a bunch of them out of some arcade machines. If that's the seller you mean,they were definitely 12mb cards that were shipped to me.

Reply 8 of 21, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

He is still asking for a partial refund and wants to keep the card. I don't what to refund anything without getting the cards back as I know these cards are 12mb. I have asked him to photo the back of the cards and upload them to ebay. I don't think he is going to except there 12mb cards no matter what I do. Will ebay look at the photos and do there own research or will they just rule in his favor without checking anything? At the moment paypal have forzen my funds for this. 🙁

Reply 9 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

He probably either only sees this in his driver settings and believe they are 8MB cards:
download/file.php?id=10129 From this post: (Voodoo2 SLI)

-OR-

He is using earlier drivers that do NOT sum up the memory as Subhuman@gtx explained very well in this post: Voodoo 2 sli with windows me :

What you are seeing is actually how it should really be , because Voodoo2's control panel info doesn't sum up the total amount o […]
Show full quote

What you are seeing is actually how it should really be , because Voodoo2's control panel info doesn't sum up the total amount of Framebuffer memory obtained from SLI. it just displays the info of a single card, not the two. That's why it says Frame Buffer Memory: 4 MB

Besides that, texture memory is mirrored on SLI, because workload is splitted between the two cards; so if you have Two 8mb Voodoo2 the total usable texture mem is of 4MB, and with Two 12mb Voodoo2 then it is of 8MB 😉 There's absolutely nothing wrong with your Athlon or WinME 😀

Example:

Voodoo2 8mb SLI:

Scanline Interleave: Detected!!

FBI Revision: x
Frame Buffer Memory: 4 MB
Texture Mapping Unit(s): 2
TMU Revision: x
Total Texture Memory: 4 MB

Voodoo2 12mb SLI:

Scanline Interleave: Detected!!

FBI Revision: x
Frame Buffer Memory: 4 MB
Texture Mapping Unit(s): 2
TMU Revision: x
Total Texture Memory: 8 MB

Hope this clears things up 😁
Subhuman

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 10 of 21, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

He seems unwilling to do anything to check my claims that the card are 12mb. I just hope ebay will step in if he can upload photos of the back of the cards.

Reply 11 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Soupdragon wrote:

Each card has 12 half meg chips on each side. I have just seen he uploaded a photo he took of dxdiag showing 16mb. Its been along time but I think dxdiag isn't very accurate in this area. I have asked him to check the voodoo2 system info tab of display properties.

I'll check my dxdiag settings when I get back home and upload a comparison screenshot from my Compaq with 12MB SLI cards.

Reply 13 of 21, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This buyer sounds like he's going to be difficult no matter what you do.Tell him to ship the cards back for a refund. If he refuses, then when ebay gets involved tell them you offered a refund on return of the item but the buyer refused to send them back. And use ebay's messaging system to do it so the CS rep can access it and see that you did offer a refund but the buyer refused. That will count in your favor when the final decision is made.

Reply 15 of 21, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The buyer just dropped the dispute, guess he was just confused and not trying to scam me. If I was unsure of something I would have contacted the seller outside the dispute system first. 🤣 Anyway thanks for the help guys. 😀

Reply 16 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Incase someone uses this thread in the future, this is how DXDIAG looks with Voodoo2 SLI with 12MB cards:
20140206174718.jpg

Reply 17 of 21, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Soupdragon, I'm happy your issue has been resolved!

vetz, btw, how did you manage to display system info propperly? Mine is all screwed up, with text displayed outside the frames...

Reply 19 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RacoonRider wrote:

vetz, btw, how did you manage to display system info propperly? Mine is all screwed up, with text displayed outside the frames...

What drives do you use? This is the FastVoodoo 4.6 drivers. I believe they change the look of the system info tab.