Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:
RacoonRider wrote:

vetz, btw, how did you manage to display system info propperly? Mine is all screwed up, with text displayed outside the frames...

What drives do you use? This is the FastVoodoo 4.6 drivers. I believe they change the look of the system info tab.

Reference V3.02.02 from falconfly.de

I'll try the FastVoodoo, thanks 😀

Reply 21 of 21, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A lot of people don't seem to understand that in a few of those early video cards that framebuffer and texture memory were kept separate from each other. I have two Real3D Starfighter PCI cards that are like this. They have 8mb of framebuffer and 16mb of texture memory but are referred to as 24mb cards. The Voodoo 5 is somewhat different in that while it has 64mb, each GPU can only directly access it's own 32mb chunk so utilities would likely report it as a 32mb card, which might get you into trouble with an uninformed buyer if you were to sell them one of those. Buyer ignorance causes a lot of problems on ebay. I remember one time a seller of Atari games sold a copy of the 2600 cartridge Mario Brothers. Of course the buyer complained that the game on the cartridge wasn't Mario Brothers. He was expecting it to be SUPER Mario Brothers not realizing there had been an earlier game by Nintendo called Mario Brothers and made trouble for the seller. Too bad ebay doesn't allow for buyer ignorance.