VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

... would you visit it to play some Doom and Diablo or at least to see what goes?

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 1 of 16, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

certainly!
I don't know any other retropc fan around here though...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 16, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bristlehog wrote:

... would you visit it to play some Doom and Diablo or at least to see what goes?

Multiplayer old games? Count me in!

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Leileilol's right 😉
I would go there and laugh at them 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 16, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I would. For now, though, Vogons is the closest to a Retro PC Club.

We did have a thread about joining DOOM multiplayer some time ago, but I think it was more of networking using actual dos machines.

Hamachi works very well in modern systems using Dosbox for IPX network gaming. I used to play Duke Nukem 3D using Dosbox and Hamachi.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 16, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here you don't get the critical amount of people together that are interested in retro computing to form a club. Also a problem is that for some people there seems to be still a wall in their heads if they use different systems like Amiga or game consoles f.e. to see that their interests are basically the same as for retro/vintage PCs.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 9 of 16, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
elianda wrote:

Also a problem is that for some people there seems to be still a wall in their heads if they use different systems like Amiga or game consoles f.e. to see that their interests are basically the same as for retro/vintage PCs.

Ignorance is bliss 😀

Reply 10 of 16, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bristlehog wrote:

I would attend, but mostly to just have a few chats with the people there 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 12 of 16, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've thought about doing the internet cafe/LAN gaming place, I don't know if a place that focused on retro would be viable but I do know there are a couple people running actual arcades with classic 80s games, so maybe something similar could work with classic PC games. For the price of a single AAA title you could probably get a dozen copies of an older game like Unreal Tournament of GOG. And a dozen pentiums would be really cheap.

Reply 13 of 16, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I explored this in Connecticut and could not find anyone interested. Flea markets around here as well as thrift store rarely have anything vintage computer based. I scored a few games, but always cd based titles from the late 90s up. 😢 i would love to meet ppl in the area that enjoy the hobby; maybe even get monthly LAN parties going...

http://www.hudson187.com

Reply 14 of 16, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hudson187 wrote:

I explored this in Connecticut and could not find anyone interested. Flea markets around here as well as thrift store rarely have anything vintage computer based. I scored a few games, but always cd based titles from the late 90s up. 😢 i would love to meet ppl in the area that enjoy the hobby; maybe even get monthly LAN parties going...

I think you may find one person in each New England state, maybe two for Massachusetts. VCF East, the closest vintage computer festival around, is in New Jersey.

Thrift stores are a good place to find vintage and retro PC CD games cheap. Don't expect to find anything floppy-disk based, although you can find MS-DOS and Windows 95 stuff which wouldn't play on your average computer anymore.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 16 of 16, by Hudson187

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Great Hierophant wrote:
Hudson187 wrote:

I think you may find one person in each New England state, maybe two for Massachusetts. VCF East, the closest vintage computer festival around, is in New Jersey.

Thrift stores are a good place to find vintage and retro PC CD games cheap. Don't expect to find anything floppy-disk based, although you can find MS-DOS and Windows 95 stuff which wouldn't play on your average computer anymore.

I was considering signing up for "Meetup" and seeing what happens... I've recently been thinking about my lan party days and how fun it was. 😀

http://www.hudson187.com