VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did here someone from germany never thought about reselling `schrott computer parts` from ebay?? (first testing on working, when good resell it)
I think you can earn a lot money on it, it seems that a lot of good stuff is just throwing away..
I found a very big lot of very decent 200GB - 500GB WD blue harddisks. I guess they are all PATA drives i guess.. (maybe these drives are just used for a year of 2 or so)
But i think they are just in great working condition, but i guess people are just to lazy to sell these drivers on ebay as good drives. So instead sell it as junk..

If people would resell it i think we will all better of it. Seller earns big money, buyer get more parts to look for on ebay.

Suddently i dont live in germany, otherwise i had really intrests in reselling those good part.. But i cant buy from these sellers, because they are to lazy to ship to the netherlands.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I once bought 2 tualatin boards (gigabyte ones) and was the only bidder. The boards were iirc sold as scrap parts. I tested both boards and both worked fine (I even used one to build a rig around it).
And sad but true, ebay Germany seems to be the only decent ebay left these days but als they don't ship to The Netherlands 🙁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 4, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PeterLI wrote:

Get a forwarding / collection address in DE near the border and pick it up once in a while. 😀

I was considering this, but it would still mean lots of extra stuff to do (the people I know who live in Germany have no idea what circuit board they are holding in their hands, let alone what ESD is).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 4, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you are selling used stuff in Germany you still have to give a warranty for a year after the sale. (In fact this should be the same in other EU countries.) If you are not a commercial seller you can explicitily exclude the warranty, but if you regularly sell stuff you are automatically considered a commercial seller.
I wouldn't want to risk that.