Common searches

Story behind your avatar?

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 252, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Mmaximum Yeah I meant CGA 🤣, I first resized the original drawing and filled it in pixel by pixel. People have since pointed out I could have probably have just changed the hue for the other versions but to get it accurate I drew them in pixel by pixel also.

This is what made me want to do it, I was looking at pixel art and then saw some people limit the palette they could work with. I thought that was brilliant so I set out to try my hand at it. 🤣

cga_museum.gif

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 103 of 252, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

By whom / from where, then? it's pretty good - I don't think there are that many CGA pixel artists kicking around (well there's Asphyx, but who else?)
I've probably spammed my own pixel doodles here more than enough already, but there's some CGA stuff in my sig links. 'Sides, my last avatar here was *also* a pixelled CGA self-portrait. 🤣

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 104 of 252, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/9123.htm

Pixel joint is what I was browsing when I found this.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 105 of 252, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's the image of Raistlin Majere painted by Larry Elmore, from the Dragonlance series of Fantasy novels by Margret Weis and Tracy hickman. Always my favourite character of the books and, although not many people know this, I am in real life a powerful wizard...

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 106 of 252, by blank001

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine is a the perspective of living in a hyperbolic 3-manifold. It's a screen shot from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6SucT2Zzys&f … youtu.be&t=2173

More generally it's a hyperbolic manifold, so it's locally euclidean, but globally has negative constant sectional curvature: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbolic_manifold

Our universe for example, could be a hyperbolic 3-manifold, i.e. it's globally hyperbolic but locally, it looks euclidean.

_: K6-III+ 450apz@550, P5A-B, 128Mb CL2, Voodoo 5500 AGP, MX300, AWE64 Gold 32mb, SC-55v2.0
_: Pentium III 1400 S, TUSL2-C, 512Mb CL2, Voodoo 5500 AGP, MX300

Reply 108 of 252, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine's USP Talon(Fang), the first ship from Tyrian.

AidanExamineer wrote:

My avatar is me being ashamed for liking Enter the Matrix. That's the whole story.

Hey, the first is actually pretty good!

Reply 109 of 252, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine is the Flamel an alchemical symbol that caught my interest after watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Great series by the way 10/10 would recommend!

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 110 of 252, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Snayperskaya wrote:

Mine's USP Talon(Fang), the first ship from Tyrian.

AidanExamineer wrote:

My avatar is me being ashamed for liking Enter the Matrix. That's the whole story.

Hey, the first is actually pretty good!

The first film. And if you ask me, the first game as well. BUT most would probably disagree, and I doubt they'd stick up for Path of Neo either.

Reply 111 of 252, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine is pretty damn obvious.

It's my favorite summon of my favorite game. Shiva from Final Fantasy series! 😀 😀

Core i7-13700 | 32G DDR4 | Biostar B760M | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 32" AOC 75Hz IPS + 17" DEC CRT 1024x768 @ 85Hz
Win11 + Virtualization => Emudeck @consoles | pcem @DOS~Win95 | Virtualbox @Win98SE & softGPU | VMware @2K&XP | ΕΧΟDΟS

Reply 112 of 252, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Iris030380: Whether or not you are a powerful wizard, I get a cool feeling from your location . Because you are from the realm of steelrats. But then again, are the rats Stainless too ? Since if they are(unless it is a Warhammer reference), then I know of that "family" of Steelrats. Anyway, I feel it is a Harry Harrison reference of all things 😀

Reply 113 of 252, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I did a canvas painting using acrylic paint and some fine brushes. Then I took a photo of it and thereby created my avatar.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 117 of 252, by ScoutPilot19

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I always liked the history of early aviation and especcially the WW1 era. So I like games on it - Red Baron I, II, Knight of th Skyes, etc... I wish I could build a real plane, 100% copy of original historical one, like Nieuport11,or Sopwith Pup, but unlike the USA or New Zealand in our dmned country it's impossible, for middle class person..((( Now I'm trying to build a 1/30 scale modeol of Nieuport11 - from the materials, real one consisted of - wood, metal and fabric... Just to be put on a shelf ...)

And for me.. it's sad, that now we have incderibly powerful computers, but can't allow ourselves to build a plane of wood and canves just for fun - to go into sky, "fly over that cloud and return home"... Of course I can buy a ticket for a big silver plane, to get from point A to point B in little time, it's fine to get to Brasil from Moscow in just 18 hours... But I suppose it's not the dream of flight the humankind used to have for milleniums, since the Greek and Egypt times..((

And also.. my grandmother from mother's side used to fly a Polikarpov Po-2 biplane in a aeroclub in Podolsk in the 1930's. So it was impossble to buy anything here, and of course a plane - but, one could fly it in a state club, use as a public property...( So her son, my unlce, became a jetfighter pilot and used to fly MIG's in the 1960's - he retired soon, as spinal problem happened with him... But his home was full of plastic scale models and he used a lot to tell me about planes in my childhood and youth - and most I liked the storyes about the early times and machines - like Sopwith Triplane and so on...)

Last edited by ScoutPilot19 on 2017-08-01, 12:32. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 119 of 252, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Funny, in the past couple of days I've been mulling over changing my avatar. I'm an Origin fanboy. Played most of their games when they came out, and either replaying them today, or playing the ones I missed the first time around. My current avatar is from Wing Commander I, the moment right before you get killed in a space battle. If/when I do change my avatar, chances are it will be from another Origin game.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks