Common searches

Story behind your avatar?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 252, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The only photo of me from my high school year book. Oddly, it was on the teachers page. In English we were doing a section on poetry and I dressed up for a presentation. I also had a plastic sickle and flung rubber mice at the class. I was standing against a chalkboard wearing all black so the photo came out interesting.
skardreaper2um.jpg

Reply 42 of 252, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retrofanatic wrote:
BigBodZod wrote:

I look as goofy as my avatar 😜

As goofy as Jones looks, he's still the star of one of my favorite games ever.🤣 Jones in the fast lane is sweet.

Yes exactly my thoughts 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 43 of 252, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine is a Psilon researcher from Master Of Orion, my favourite race from my most favourite retro game 😀

And the nickname appeared when I had Nissan Note, which sounds close to "Nissan Raccoon" in Russian. Unfortunately, I misspelled the word "Raccoon" and used it in so many places that I decided not to change it 😀

Reply 44 of 252, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine is obviously Day of the Tentacle. I remember playing it flat out on my first computer, a 486 DX4-100. Times haven't changed as I still love the old Lucasarts and Sierra adventure games. I'm 30yo now.

It's funny because I've bought my daughter a Wii, an Xbox 360 with Kinect and she also has my PS3 and PS4 to play with but when she saw me fire up Day of the Tenacle she was hooked and played it until completion. The rest of the games we own, she barely plays them and they just gain dust. Retro dos games though she loves! What have I started?!

Last edited by borgie83 on 2014-02-13, 02:11. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 45 of 252, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh and "borgie83" is because my surname is Borg and my whole life everyone has just called me Borgie! 😀

I'm sure you can figure out the "83" for yourself...

Reply 46 of 252, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@borg
Until I played Day of the Tentical I always thought it was some mutant speaker (you know those 40ft tall speaker towers.) Also, didn't it used to be a gif?

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 47 of 252, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@dosquest, haha mutant speaker! Never looked at it like that but I can see the resemblance 😀

Nah, I googled day of the tentacle images and then cropped it to size. Wouldn't mind a dott gif though.

Reply 48 of 252, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine's an anthropomorphic Nintendo Game Boy Pocket/Light/Color, probably from the Japanese user's manual. I got it from an early 2000s animutation called Shumway (remember those?) using a SWF decompiler. Before that my avatar was a clock speed display from an old AT PC case showing the number 133. 😵

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 49 of 252, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

First RPG and JRPG I ever played and my favorite series of all time.
Back in the Megadrive/Genesis SEGA hay days.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 50 of 252, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I should also explain the character's origin.

She went from a realistic looking trainwreck of texture usage to an efficient and overendowed anime version with reliance on edgesplitting and no alphas. not to mention more retro hardware friendly 😁

Her design is a bit of a pastiche of deviantART Elf OCs, and certain 1996-dated fighting games and maybe a certain korean MMO. The end result looks like perfect Queen's Blade material.
sorcevolution.jpg

The reason why it took so many years is because I had multiple models going on at once so this is an on-and-off kind of thing.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 51 of 252, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My avatar is Zone-tan(Nerf Now version,this one looks cute),along with a "PC-98 WATT"(hidden meme in there)caption.I made it because I was tired of the old one (Rainbow Dash sleeping on a cloud)and wanted something new.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 52 of 252, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I friking love Simpsons, and especially Homer Simpson, because I am so mutch like him, and i drive a motorcicle, a tuned white AMA Supermoto Yamaha XT 660 X 😁

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 53 of 252, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rgart wrote:

First RPG and JRPG I ever played and my favorite series of all time.
Back in the Megadrive/Genesis SEGA hay days.

Awesome....Shining in the Darkness and Phantasy Star II-IV were some of the best RPG's ever IMHO. Almost makes me want to take out my Genesis out of storage and play again

Reply 54 of 252, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I loved the Shining series.
Shining the Holy Ark really took me back to the Mega Drive days.
I never managed to get an English version of Shining Force III Scenario 3 and my misses at the time refused to translate it scene by scene after a while 😀

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 55 of 252, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

I should also explain the character's origin.

She went from a realistic looking trainwreck of texture usage to an efficient and overendowed anime version with reliance on edgesplitting and no alphas. not to mention more retro hardware friendly 😁

Needs more cleavage.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 57 of 252, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

leilei's model seriously reminds me of OpenArena.

And speaking of 3D models, this is what I look like in Unreal:

Image8.png

And another forum avatar I use on unreal related forums:
kynikoslogo.jpg

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 58 of 252, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
Handbanana? […]
Show full quote
rodimus80 wrote:

Mine speaks to those who know... 🤣

Handbanana?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75kHq9cHSEg

Nurse_Killjoy-hand-banana.jpg

That's exactly what I thought of too... 🤣

Reply 59 of 252, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My avatar is the protagonist of the infamous Mario rip-off game on the C64. And that is Giana Sisters/The Great Giana Sisters. And Chris Hülsbeck kick seriously some behind, with the soundtrack of this particular game. And not just that, then I have fond memories of playing the game 😀