My little pony and bad language?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120706192224/ponymondawndusk/images/e/e2/CONFOUND_THESE_PONIES_THEY_DRIVE_ME_TO_DRINK-%2 […]
Show full quote

CONFOUND_THESE_PONIES_THEY_DRIVE_ME_TO_DRINK-%28n1290612841198%29.png

Old, but gold. 😉

Did someone mention drinking ponies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5aybCGZPY

Lol!

Reply 21 of 27, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
Did someone mention drinking ponies? […]
Show full quote
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120706192224/ponymondawndusk/images/e/e2/CONFOUND_THESE_PONIES_THEY_DRIVE_ME_TO_DRINK-%2 […]
Show full quote

CONFOUND_THESE_PONIES_THEY_DRIVE_ME_TO_DRINK-%28n1290612841198%29.png

Old, but gold. 😉

Did someone mention drinking ponies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5aybCGZPY

Lol!

That made my day. 😁

Reply 23 of 27, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@leil
I remember so,waning vaguely familiar to that, can you find a link or clip to when he say that saying and maybe I can remover or catch what you think he was saying? I always had in the back of my mind mishearing something one if the Disney characters saying.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 24 of 27, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dosquest wrote:

@leil
I remember so,waning vaguely familiar to that, can you find a link or clip to when he say that saying and maybe I can remover or catch what you think he was saying? I always had in the back of my mind mishearing something one if the Disney characters saying.

I know you asked Leileilol, but if I'm remembering correctly, "hyuck" was just one of those goofy things Goofy would say, almost as though he were expressing his constant chuckling as a word.

Speaking of language and old cartoons, that stuff is a GOLD MINE. Characters saying "gay", "boob", "boner", way back when those words meant something entirely different than they tend to now. From what I understand, those old cartoons, while enjoyable by kids, tend to have adult connotations to them that you would never see in children's stuff nowadays, like characters getting drunk or smoking.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 25 of 27, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gemini000 wrote:
dosquest wrote:

@leil

I know you asked Leileilol, but if I'm remembering correctly, "hyuck" was just one of those goofy things Goofy would say, almost as though he were expressing his constant chuckling as a word.

Speaking of language and old cartoons, that stuff is a GOLD MINE. Characters saying "gay", "boob", "boner", way back when those words meant something entirely different than they tend to now. From what I understand, those old cartoons, while enjoyable by kids, tend to have adult connotations to them that you would never see in children's stuff nowadays, like characters getting drunk or smoking.

Aye. Some modern cartoons have continued this tradition - for example The Fairly Odd Parents, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, etc.

I also remember hearing years ago that the monkey in Aladdin says some pretty vulgar things at various points - personally I think folks read too much into random sounds, and imagine hearing things. Just like how people tend to place "faces" on objects that don't have faces, because they sort of resemble one (like outlets for example).

Reply 27 of 27, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm going to be completely honest, I never thought there would be many fans of MLP: FiM here. I know it's a cult hit all over the internet, but it just never seemed to fit with my image of a typical VOGONS user. 🤣

Eh, whatever, I like ponies. 😁