Common searches

Kids can be creepy sometimes...

Topic actions

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I'm now working overnight at a consulting firm that I partner with to bid on a government project. There are two other people who help me preparing the bidding documents, and one of them brings his five-years old daughter with him. Anyway, the name is Adinda, and she is talkactive. I don't really mind, since most of my work has been finished.

Anyway, an hour ago the kid was playing interview - that is, filling an obsolete consumer survey form while asking me questions according to the form ("how many kids do you have", etcetera). It was quite fun until she told me, "you have a dead older sister."

How the hell does she know?

Yes. My older sister was born prematurely and died soon after, and I never knew her. And just an hour ago, this kid kept telling me that I have a dead older sister.

Not only that, but she kept talking about death. She told a story about her mother's death. She said she asked her mother, "Mom, why did you die?" And her mother replied, "because the doctor injected needles into my arms and took my blood."

About half an hour ago she returned to my desk, and she said, "but I have a younger brother. He is not dead, he is still alive. I'm playing with him now, see? I'm playing with him now."

Oooooookay.

WTF.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 70, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Kids can be wonderful at times...I'm glad I don't have any though 😜

But definitely weird stuff there

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 70, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/527/361/a53.gif […]
Show full quote

a53.gif

Uh oh....gulp....Kreshna....are you.....

...Do you remember having visited by anyone sometime back? Some potentially dangerous situation?.... 🤣

But seriously, I suggest reading the "Cases of the Reincarnation Type" series by Dr. Ian Stevenson.

Last edited by Malik on 2014-02-19, 16:00. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

Kids can be wonderful at times...I'm glad I don't have any though 😜

But definitely weird stuff there

The imaginary friend stuff is always the worst. By the way, this is not the first time it happened to me. Some time ago one my friend's kid approached me and said, "uncle Kreshna, may I introduce you to my friend?" while pointing at an empty space beside him.

But it was at noon, and there was a lot of people.

Now it was night, and Adinda told me that she is playing with her younger brother, who is "still alive and not dead."

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 5 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:
sliderider wrote:
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/527/361/a53.gif […]
Show full quote

a53.gif

Uh oh....gulp....Kreshna....are you.....

...Do you remember having visited by anyone sometime back? Some potentially dangerous situation?.... 🤣

NO! And I hope such thing would never happen to me. 🤣

Seriously, I never really believe in ghosts and spirits. And I hope there will never be things that change my belief system. 🤣

Reply 7 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:

I suggest reading the "Cases of the Reincarnation Type" series by Dr. Ian Stevenson.

Will do. 😁

Anyway, anyone had imaginary friend when you were kid? I didn't, I never did. But if you did, please share your story here.

Reply 8 of 70, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Creepy stuff right there.

I used to have an imaginary friend, but I knew he didn't exist. He shared the same name as me and I would always blame stuff that I did on him. I wouldn't bring it up to my parents, but I would just say stuff like "Look what you made me do" when I was alone.
I believe this was just an invention to talk about stuff that bothered me, but since I didn't have many friends, I tried to keep a dialogue going with my imaginary friend. And the blaming stuff, I obviously knew it was me that did it. Nothing totally weird, possession or other creepy things.

I generally do not believe in the supernatural and paranormal. I believe most stuff can be explained and if not, it's probably because we have not yet, as a species, found a way to explain it.
But yeah, stuff like that always creeps me out, although she may have overheard it or maybe you have told this to one of the kid's parents and do not remember it.

Reply 9 of 70, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Kids can feel more than adults because they aren't under pressure from other things. You can tell a lot about a person just by looking at it and talking with it for a while. Natural mystique in the air 😀

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 10 of 70, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Malik wrote:

I suggest reading the "Cases of the Reincarnation Type" series by Dr. Ian Stevenson.

Anyway, anyone had imaginary friend when you were kid? I didn't, I never did. But if you did, please share your story here.

No, I never had an imaginary friend. Even if I did, I knew it was just my imagination. I never talked to my imaginary friend or anything.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 11 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You know, I usually don't mind when a kid tells me about her/his imaginary friend, but what she said just crept the hell out of me.

"I have a younger brother. He's not dead, he's alive. I'm playing with him."

Alive, but unseen.

Goddamit.

Reply 12 of 70, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I never had a imaginary friend, though people claim I do when I tell them I see the image of a dragon in the mirror at night sometimes.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth living a "normal life". Especially with all this screaming I keep hearing coming from behind me during midnight mostly when I try to sleep at night.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 14 of 70, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Spooky...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/the-creepies … an-imaginary-fr
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1s … g_your_kid_has/

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 15 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:
Creepy stuff right there. […]
Show full quote

Creepy stuff right there.

I used to have an imaginary friend, but I knew he didn't exist. He shared the same name as me and I would always blame stuff that I did on him. I wouldn't bring it up to my parents, but I would just say stuff like "Look what you made me do" when I was alone.
I believe this was just an invention to talk about stuff that bothered me, but since I didn't have many friends, I tried to keep a dialogue going with my imaginary friend. And the blaming stuff, I obviously knew it was me that did it. Nothing totally weird, possession or other creepy things.

I generally do not believe in the supernatural and paranormal. I believe most stuff can be explained and if not, it's probably because we have not yet, as a species, found a way to explain it.
But yeah, stuff like that always creeps me out, although she may have overheard it or maybe you have told this to one of the kid's parents and do not remember it.

Well I have to rule out the possibility, since her dad and I barely know each other. In fact, I just knew her dad this Monday when he was assigned to help me preparing the bidding documents.

Besides, the fact that I have a deceased older sister is something I rarely talk about outside the family, yet the kid kept insisting the fact. After that, everything she said became creepy.

Funny, I never consider myself a "family person", yet this kid appears to be very interested in me. In fact, she gave me an ice cream the previous afternoon - which makes things scarier considering the creepy things she said the following night.

Reply 16 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

Kids can feel more than adults because they aren't under pressure from other things. You can tell a lot about a person just by looking at it and talking with it for a while. Natural mystique in the air 😀

But how did she exactly know I have a deceased sister? It defies any rational explanation. If it happened to you, what would you do?

Reply 17 of 70, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DracoNihil wrote:

I never had a imaginary friend, though people claim I do when I tell them I see the image of a dragon in the mirror at night sometimes.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth living a "normal life". Especially with all this screaming I keep hearing coming from behind me during midnight mostly when I try to sleep at night.

What kind of screaming? Does it stop when you grow up, or do you still hear it? Could you elaborate the experience with more details?

Reply 18 of 70, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are no ghosts and dead people are gone forever. On the other hand, there is such thing as intuition and it works sometimes. However, intuition might not be the case here. What if that girl says 'you have a dead sister' to everyone, and with you she just hit the spot?

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 19 of 70, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm pretty sure DracoNihil is trying to crack a joke. Otherwise, I'd like to hear about that too 😀.

Of course, this is not the kind of thing that you'd go around saying that easily. So, we can rule that out.
I think that because she told you that though, this put you in a weird position, you started feeling creeped out and that's why the rest of what she said sounded creepy too. I mean, she's just a little kid. Does she have a younger brother? Or is it just an imaginary friend (or brother)?