VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Matt Chat just published his interview with Stewart. Alot of cool info about the show 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvT3B3sB_U

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great video. Computer Chronicles is a show of great historical significance and needs to be preserved for future generations. All of the technology related shows on TV around the world today might not exist if CC hadn't been there first showing that there was a wide spread demand for such programming.

Reply 2 of 6, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is Matt Chat also a forum member?

That was indeed a fantastic interview with Stewart Cheifet.

I'm sure they had their reasons, but my main gripe with the Computer Chronicles show was that they always seemed to rush through the guest speakers like an assembly line.

I remember watching one show where they compared the new Pentium to a 486. It was in 1993 or 1994. For whatever reason, the guest used a 486-25 or -33SX to compare with a Pentium 66. It was a ridiculously unfair comparison. At least compare it with a DX2-66. To my surprise, Steward did not bring up this point.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 4 of 6, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This will be a three part interview, so maybe your question will be answered Feipoa:

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHPBbszUpo

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 5 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

I'm sure they had their reasons, but my main gripe with the Computer Chronicles show was that they always seemed to rush through the guest speakers like an assembly line.

It was only a 30 minute show and they had a lot of material to cover in that 30 minutes. If they had allowed more time for guest speakers to talk, they never would have fit in as much useful information as they did. Part of what made the show great was not only was it the only show at the time for computer geeks and techno nerds, but that every episode was literally jam packed with information that you could actually use and not a lot of fluff.

Did anyone else catch the reference to the possibility of there being lost episodes of CC? Anyone who recorded them when they originally aired needs to check their archives to see if they have any episodes that haven't already been uploaded.