VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just picked up a boxed Gravis Eliminator Aftershock gamepad from Goodwill. It was only $2.50 so I couldn't pass it up. The custom configuration program for this controller is called Xperience, the latest version being 4.5.

It's a USB controller, so Windows recognizes it without the need for any additional software. From reading the manual, it seems that the Xperience software lets you assign keypresses to buttons, adjust the sensitivity, etc.

I have other programs that can do most of that, so before I install software I don't really need, I was hoping that someone could tell me if the Xperience software would allow me to swap the functions of the left & right analog thumbsticks? I know there's probably no preset option (why would anyone ever want to use their right hand to control a game???), but I was wondering if it could be done manually by changing the axis assignments? An image in the manual leads me to believe this might be possible, but it doesn't really go into detail about what you can do.

Reply 1 of 2, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi!

I just dusted off my old Gravis Xterminator gamepad and found your post.

The last version of the Gravis Xperience software I have is v4.5 r4, a beta version. I haven't run this stuff in a long time, so I'm sorry to say I don't have an answer to your questions.

Do you think you could create an ISO of your disc and offer it to the driver database? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it.

Thanks! 😀

Reply 2 of 2, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know if anybody is interested in the old Gravis software, but the final version, v4.5, can be found on the Wayback Machine here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020604180249/ht … e/Xp4.5_FTP.exe