VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Interesting indeed. Kudos for Wolverine for telling me this. 😀

Now, to be frank, I missed the game the first time it came around (hey, I was busy playing Game & Watch during that era), but the site's home page mentions interesting stuff:

A word of warning

The game will kill you frequently. It's a bit mean like that.

If in doubt, before you make a move, please save your game by typing "Save" then enter. You can then restore your game by typing "Restore" then enter. This should make it slightly less annoying getting killed all the time as you can go back to where you were before it happened.

p01sp5jj.jpg

🤣

Well I knew the original game was mentioned as one of the 15 hardest game of all time in CGW 15th anniversary edition (November 1996), but it was the babel fish puzzle that got mentioned. I mean, is the game really that nasty?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1 of 8, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh hells yes it is. I had to read both the book AND get the hint book to finish it, and I still got killed all the time. I guess I shouldn't be too upset, because teh Hitchhiker's "trilogy" is a damn fine read. It is not a terribly forgiving game.

Reply 3 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
snorg wrote:

Oh hells yes it is. I had to read both the book AND get the hint book to finish it, and I still got killed all the time. I guess I shouldn't be too upset, because teh Hitchhiker's "trilogy" is a damn fine read. It is not a terribly forgiving game.

Anyone finishes the game without hint book?

Stiletto wrote:

The perfect game for VOGONS 😁

Indeed. 😁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I solved the Babel Fish puzzle all by myself, but gave up afterwards when wandering around the ship. There's probably some way to combine all those funky parts sitting around, but I never caught on. I'll try again one of these days.

I should look at Bureaucracy sometime too.