VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone have a local user group type meetup where they live? I tried searching for some in South Florida where I live but like everything else about this area...it's a fucking black hole for anything geeky.

I know some areas still have specific user groups for older systems. There are plenty on the US west coast and the New England area as those seem to be the focal points for classic computing in this country.

Are there still some in YOUR areas? Are you a member of any and still participate?

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B

Reply 1 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
senrew wrote:

Are there still some in YOUR areas? Are you a member of any and still participate?

Considering I seem to be the only Indonesian on this board, I guess my answer would be 'no'.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
senrew wrote:

The funny thing is, it's been on my mind to see if anyone else from Vogons would by coincidence visit Amsterdam (in The Netherlands) at some point. Would be fun to then invite them over at my place for a cup of coffee and a friendly chat.

I know theres a couple other Vogoners living in The Netherlands but I don't know where they live, I never asked. And Amsterdam certainly is a tourist magnet so international Vogoners would obviously also get a chance.

And about meet-ups, I don't know of any except one retro game "meetup" that is supposed to be in Amsterdam in may this year (not sure if it's cancelled or not).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 3, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

I know theres a couple other Vogoners living in The Netherlands but I don't know where they live, I never asked. And Amsterdam certainly is a tourist magnet so international Vogoners would obviously also get a chance.

And about meet-ups, I don't know of any except one retro game "meetup" that is supposed to be in Amsterdam in may this year (not sure if it's cancelled or not).

Australia or the Netherlands seem to be the two top countries. I'm pretty lonely too with only LunarG and bestemor in the same country somewhere 😜

I know some people that are into old console gaming, but not computers.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes