VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was just browsing ebay when I saw this

Is that normal?

It says removed from a working machine...

Reply 1 of 3, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only thing I would call special is that it's a Rev D with a 3D glasses output (I think). I own two Rev A boards and some components are placed different.

On second look; it seems to be missing a memory chip on the back. Plus, the price is way too high.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 2 of 3, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
NitroX infinity wrote:

On second look; it seems to be missing a memory chip on the back.

This is what i was referring to. Why in the world would someone remove a memory chip? And if so, would the card still work? 😕

Reply 3 of 3, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It shouldn't work in that condition, it will post and load a driver but once a game loads anything could go wrong. It is fixable but I wouldn't pay anymore than maybe $15 or $20 if I really wanted it. Talk with the seller is he will knock it down if not then avoid. I got a Rush and the 2D side of the card is every bit as bad as people have made it out to be but on the 3D (voodoo side) it is slightly slower than a normal V1 and tops out early on rather than scaling like normal V1. You can mod the memory on this card but the hard part is getting the right chips to do the job and a few resistors plus a little wire for the ras ect. No bios work needed but only for the voodoo end of the card and leave the Alliance chip alone.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.