VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You guys may want to see if you can get some money back if you bought anything computer related that may have contained DRAM chips between 1998 and 2002.

Go to www.dramclaims.com

There is a little form to fill out, if this is like typical class actions you will probably get some small dollar amount and the lawyers will make a crap ton of money, but $10 is better than nothing.

Reply 1 of 2, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:

You guys may want to see if you can get some money back if you bought anything computer related that may have contained DRAM chips between 1998 and 2002.

Go to http://www.dramclaims.com

There is a little form to fill out, if this is like typical class actions you will probably get some small dollar amount and the lawyers will make a crap ton of money, but $10 is better than nothing.

Wasn't there a similar thing for CRT monitors during that same timeframe at one point?
Even though I still had the receipt, I never bothered.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 2, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I saw that on television, but since no documentation is required then anyone can make a claim whether they are legitimately entitled to the money or not so that will reduce any reward that people with an actual case will get. Also the only people who get rich off of these things are the lawyers. The postage to mail you your share of whatever is left after legal fees will probably be more than what you get. I was in one of these class actions once before and got 49 cents. I couldn't believe they would actually write a check for that amount.