VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So does Geoworks come with actual apps, or is it more of a graphical program launcher? I've found what look to be two different versions, one has a file manager, rolodex, calendar and communications app along with solitaire and tetris. The other appears to have a full-blown word processor, spreadsheet & database (quatro pro I think) along with some or geoworks type apps.

One I'm positive ships on 720k disks, the other I have no clue. Packaging is not visible and it is impossible to tell from the disks themselves.
I don't really have any need for a spreadsheet and db on legacy hardware, but I guess it would be nice to have. I'm sure freeware alternatives from that era could be used if I felt a burning need to have that on there.

Reply 2 of 3, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I asked the seller on ebay about the version he is flogging (the one with Quatro Pro) and it comes on 1.44mb disks. I really don't feel like fooling with trying to put a high density drive in just to install a gui, so I may just pick up the 720k version. Maybe I wil be pleasantly surprised and it will have the Geowrite app included (doesn't expicitly state that on the box).