VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I bought some low profile 4 mb 30 pin simms in the last week or two for my small form factor 486 (so I can have the soundcard in and not have it hit the memory modules) and paid for them, but never received the memory. I can't find any record of the transaction in my purchase history and no messages from the seller.
Anyone else ever experience anything like this? It is possible I was just never billed for them, I'd have to check my bank statement against the total of the other items I bought and see if it matches. Seems odd that someone would not fulfill the sale, though.

Reply 2 of 6, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you paid via Paypal, you are safe. You have I think 30 days to open a case and they are pretty good about getting your money back if you never received the item,. Just go to your purchase history, double check that it shows that you paid and if so- open a case for having not received the item.

It sucks that you haven't heard from the seller- but it happens.

-- Regards, Joe

Expect out of life, that which you put into it.

Reply 3 of 6, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I purchased a Pentium 3 1.4ghz Tualatin a few months back but due to a listing error the seller somehow deleted the listing altogether. My PayPal account got charged but I was unable to view the listing at all. As if it didn't exist! I remembered what the sellers username was so ran a search for him and sent him a message. He then messaged me back saying it was something to do with an ebay violation like what sliderider was just saying. I still received the cpu but was unable to leave feedback etc. I wouldn't stress though because you should still have a record of the transaction through paypal or your credit card company so obtaining a refund is a simple as filing a dispute.

Reply 4 of 6, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, it doesn't show up in my purchase history at all but I did manage to find the item and the seller by running a search for a similar item.
I will try and see if I was billed for it and if I was, I am opening a dispute as I did not receive the item.

Reply 5 of 6, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
snorg wrote:

So I bought some low profile 4 mb 30 pin simms in the last week or two for my small form factor 486 (so I can have the soundcard in and not have it hit the memory modules) and paid for them, but never received the memory. I can't find any record of the transaction in my purchase history and no messages from the seller.

sliderider wrote:

Ebay cancels transactions sometimes due to listing policy violations.

...and the buyer doesn't get her/his money back...

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 6 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
snorg wrote:

sliderider wrote:

Ebay cancels transactions sometimes due to listing policy violations.

...and the buyer doesn't get her/his money back...

Wrong. I tried to buy a 1st gen iPad recently but ebay canceled the transaction because the seller had it loaded with apps, which apparently isn't allowed under ebay rules. They removed the listing after it ended and refunded my money because I had paid before the removal.