VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry if such a thread is inappropriate but there are lots of people here who play old games so if anyone can answer my question, chances are they are right here.

It's been bugging me for a while. When I was in primary school (a decade ago) we had those old Windows 98 machines in the computer lab. Because we were mostly taught how to use Paint and Ms Office (which we already knew how to use so it was pointless), every now and then we were allowed to just browse the internet and play games.

And for some reason all the computers had this awesome game installed. The thing is I can't remember the title. You'd think that I'd remember the name of an awesome game but it was an English name and I didn't understand English at all at the time.

Anyway, it had low-res 3D graphics, so it was probably one of those late DOS games. It looked a bit like The Need For Speed in terms of graphics. You were flying around some desert or mountains or whatever it was in some kind of planes or spaceships (I don't know. They looked futuristic.). There were other machines like yours flying around and the point of the game was to shoot down the others and survive (as far as I could figure out. Since we played the game during the lesson, there was no time to explore the storyline, if there was any).

You could also fly into a mountain. There was an opening in one spot and a narrow corridor inside so flying through it fast and not crashing into the wall was a cool experience.

Sadly, that's all I remember. I THINK the game had the word "fury" in the title but I'm not sure and I might be confusing it with another game. Does anybody know what game I'm talking about? I've wanted to play this again for years.

Last edited by Yasashii on 2014-03-29, 12:43. Edited 1 time in total.