Common searches

ISOLATION

Topic actions

First post, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a heads up for fellow people who like here your servant regards the original '79 film an intemporal frigging masterpiece:

Isolation_001.jpg

SPECIAL ORDER 937 - SCIENCE OFFICER EYES ONLY

Let the air flow!

Reply 1 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Moved. The forum you posted in originally is mostly for Windows compatibility hacking. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 8, by TELVM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stiletto wrote:

Moved. The forum you posted in originally is mostly for Windows compatibility hacking. 😀

Oops my apologies.

From what they're revealing this is something diametrally opossite to the traditional AvPs, where you are the sheriff, the bugs are basically minigun fodder, and you waste them by the gazillions just for the pleasure.

Here, faithful to the original '79 masterpiece, it's THE ONE otherwordly nightmare par excellence who rules the ecosystem. And you helpless piece of fragile human meat are at the lower end of the food chain, nothing but xenomorph fodder, literally. No resolutive military gadgetry, you're just a civilian thrown by chance into a desperate situation. Just a short ranged movement tracker and a crappy flashlight.

How do you kill it then? "YOU CAN'T. You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you?"

You can hide but you can't run. Betray your position and the creature will home in and kill. Inexorably. For "its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility".

2hzk0gl.jpg

Some screenshots look like frigging stills from the movie, with a superb 'back to the 70s future' retro air. 'CRT, not LCD':

219um1z.jpg

ifodhg.jpg

15egzdk.jpg

33lcv3a.jpg

Sounds like the closer you can get to being inside the original movie, mercilessly stalked thru the corridors of an inmense spaceship by the lethal entity made from the stuff of nightmares.

Whatever the success of the final product, kudos to these guys for having the devotion and courage to try it.

"Here kitty kitty kitty ..."

hv76zq.jpg

Let the air flow!

Reply 4 of 8, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just to imagine a true VR setup (not the one available at present, but like those shown in futuristic movies and hopefully for real in the near future), with the amount of realism in this game and such other games, will send a cold shiver down the spine.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain

Reply 6 of 8, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

I can imagine all the PTSD issues that would be caused. heh.

Now you are .... getting into my head.

Seriously, my generation has waited long for an immersive experience, something akin to ' The Matrix', seeing that the cult movie was released in 1999. But alas, it is not to be.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain