New Socket 7 Build

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 45, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

I got this one from a private seller here in Spain Vetz, not ebay...

Quite the coincidence then! There was a boxed MT32 for sale on Yahoo Auctions that looked exactly like yours. So I thought you got it from there 😀

Oh God, last time I bought from a Japanese Auction rpice went up so much beacuse of the high commissions + shipping + price of actual product that I decided not to buy from there again. 😵 😵 😵 😵

Reply 41 of 45, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok guys, just got the case. It is beautiful, I'm really impressed!
I have to clean it thought, it is in perfect condition but its quite dirty. I'll post pictures of the case once I have clean it up.
The case has actully come with a Socket 7 MOBO with a P133 CPU. No idea of which model this Motherboard is. I haven't had time to look for any info yet.

Also, what a hell is that in the second picture? Is it more RAM?
EDIT: just saw that it is a 256k Cache Module. First time I see one of these. 😲

2wWONUt.jpg
KE7SE98.jpg

Reply 42 of 45, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's actually a COASt module [Cache On A Stick] -- It acts as L2 cache. COASt modules will provide either 256K or 512K of direct-mapped cache, so you might want to see if it's actually a 256K or the 512K. The motherboard has an Intel 430VX chipset, hence why it has a COASt module.

As for the motherboard it's a PC Chips M525 v1.5 Baby AT motherboard. The little white pinned module next to the CPU is the VRM [Voltage Regulator Module].

Nice case btw! 😎

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 43 of 45, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok guys here's my almost complete setup.
In the end I decided to go for the Zida 5SVA-E because it is the only board that has pins on the MOBO for the Turbo Switch.
I also chose this board because I connected the turbo switch button cables to the MOBO multiplier pins, and it is the board that let's me set the lower multiplier value.
from 233Mhz to 133Mhz just by pressing the turbo switch and rebooting the system.
The system specs:

Zida 5SVA-E
233MMX CPU
16mb FPM
S3trio 64v+ 2mb (Tried a Matrox Mystique, had some compatibility issues)
Sound Blaster 16 CT2230 + NEC XR385 + Roland MT-32
PS/2 Mouse
MS-DOs 6.22

I've got some Benchmark results as well:

233MMX L1 + L2 cache on:
Speedsys: 175.77

133MMX L1 + L2 cache off:
Speedsys: 10.63
Topbench: M396B, this is between a 386 SX33 and a 386 DX40 result.
3dbenchmark: 9.7

So what computer do the lowest benchmark results match up to in reality? Maybe a fast 386?

Here's a picture of the case I finally got. I have set the Turbo Led to show the values "Hi and Lo"
And a picture of my full setup.

8Z9oRvp.jpg
NxisBb6.jpg

And now let's play some MANIAC MANSIOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!

Reply 44 of 45, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can check out Phil's Ultimate VGA Benchmark Database Project and compare scores 😀

A 3dbench score (is this version 1.0 not 1.0c) is ~ a 386DX-25.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 45 of 45, by 656038@gmail.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pingaloka wrote on 2014-04-20, 20:45:

Ok guys here's my almost complete setup.

Hi! Can you tell me what kind of device this is? CardBus adapter?

part.jpg
Filename
part.jpg
File size
13.77 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain