VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by georgeqgreg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What's a good size for antistatic bags to store cards in? Probably PCI and ISA.

Reply 1 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have all sorts of sized. Always go one size larger than you think 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 5, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use 285mm (L) x 205mm (W). Most cards I own have a length that allows them to fit into the width. The rest can fit into the lenght of the bags.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 4 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I oriented myself on existing bags that I had lying around. It gave me an idea of what is too tight and what too big.

Some cards need longer bags, like a GUS or AWE32. The width needs to be generous as the cards have some height.

And for some cards you need big ones like for dual slot video cards. I also have bags for motherboards. They are very big.

My main bags are 180 x 250 mm for most cards such as Sound Blaster cards, graphics cards.

I recommend you get an assortment of various sizes. I have tiny bags for CPUs as well. And longer, narrow ones for RAM sticks. In fact I have a whole plastic box full with nothing but various anti static bags 😀 Everything gets bagged and tagged and tucked away at my place 😁

I get them all from eBay. I like the ones with zip locks rather than stickers. Because I frequently pull out cards to work on projects.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 5 of 5, by georgeqgreg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I've already got more cards lying around than bags! I'll look at something around 180x250 then, as that's probably the sort of thing I'll mostly wind up with. (long story) Thanks.