VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/13/irs-pays-m … b&utm_medium=fb

Talk about government waste.It's been 6 years since MS made the announcement and they still haven't switched over to Windows 7??

Reply 1 of 8, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

What did you expect from a bloated government agency like the IRS? They simply drag their feet on anything and everything that doesn't involve you owing them money 🤣 (and I'm still waiting for my refund check 😐 ).

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 3 of 8, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
catchaserguns wrote:

Really! I thought the US government was still using 98. When did they finally get off the duffs and convert?

I wouldn't be surprised if some bits of the federal hog is still using DOS and old versions of Unix from the 80s. The real money goes elsewhere...

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 5 of 8, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How many times has VOGONS seen a private sector business ask for DOSBox support because they still rely on a DOS program for something critical...

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 6 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nforce4max wrote:
catchaserguns wrote:

Really! I thought the US government was still using 98. When did they finally get off the duffs and convert?

I wouldn't be surprised if some bits of the federal hog is still using DOS and old versions of Unix from the 80s. The real money goes elsewhere...

I had heard that some government agencies were still using 486 and first generation Pentium systems. Military hardened equipment is still trapped in that era, too, because Intel has been dragging it's feet on creating later CPU's that don't leak. Take a look on ebay some time.Whenever someone lists mil-spec CPU's for sale, they are always 8088-80486 chips because that's pretty much all there are.

Reply 7 of 8, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Hater Depot wrote:

How many times has VOGONS seen a private sector business ask for DOSBox support because they still rely on a DOS program for something critical...

Exactly, but I'm sure it's on a much smaller scale then the US Federal Government.

No matter where you go, there you are...