VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recall staring at a wormhole screensaver / effect ages ago. It produced an image similar to...
Wormhole.png
...but I want to say it ran in higher resolution, and that the hole was more offset from center.

Can anyone help me recall / find what I'm thinking of?

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.

Reply 2 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The image seems to be from a DOS program here, but I'm pretty sure it's based on this program with C source code.

Probably not what you're looking for, but the general idea reminds me of a screensaver for Windows 3.x that draws 3D objects comprised of rectangles, colors the rectangles in a pattern, and then animates the palette so the pattern seems to move across the objects.

Reply 3 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know there's a similar scene in Future Crew's Unreal.

There is a 1997 palette cycling screensaver called 'Electric !" that did a similar thing.

AfterDark (Mroe After Dark to be specific) has a similar module called Tunnel but that's in the shape of a rectangle.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the quick suggestions, but those aren't it. If I remember correctly, it had color cycling somewhat like 2ynesthesia, http://eyecandyarchive.com/2ynesthesia/, but had a wormhole pattern rather than those used by 2ynesthesia.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.