VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone else out there thinking about getting this? Normally I don't buy a game right away and especially not a pre-order, but I may have to make an exception for this one.
Giant mechs, robot dogs and killing Nazis. What more can you want?

Last edited by snorg on 2014-06-29, 06:00. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 3 of 46, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I stopped caring about Wolfenstein after RTCW.. though I'll admit RTCW was a good game in itself.

I'm just going to stick to playing stuff found on Wolfenstein 3-D dome.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 4 of 46, by EverythingOldIsNewAgain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DracoNihil wrote:

I stopped caring about Wolfenstein after RTCW.. though I'll admit RTCW was a good game in itself.

I'm just going to stick to playing stuff found on Wolfenstein 3-D dome.

The free Enemy Territory is still worth a look if you never played it. It's a tweaked RTCW engine with additional classes & functionality. It was supposed to be an add-on but the SP was never finished so it was released as a standalone "free" game. The mod community was huge (bigger than it was even in RTCW).

Back to the original topic - I probably will, mainly out of loyalty to the brand. I loved the Wolf franchise and logged many an hour on RTCW & ET. It probably remains my favorite game to this day and I'm becoming sadly convinced that it may have been part of a golden age of PC gaming that ain't coming back.

I'm not expecting much - Wolfenstein (2009) was such a botched mess (particularly MP) that it was almost a comic farce. But The New Order is SP only, so maybe (maybe!) they'll get it right.

Reply 5 of 46, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

All I can say is........thanks but no thanks.

(And I'll probably be DRM-heavy as well. But even without it, I still won't bite 😒 )

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 7 of 46, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I doubt it unless I get it utterly cheap. The price tags for FPS games are too steep nowadays... 😠

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 10 of 46, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Only if it's worth playing. If not then no.

This,
I don't care if it's 50-60eur, if it's good I'll get it. If it's another railroad shooter then I'll pass completely.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 11 of 46, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:

Anyone else out there thinking about getting this? Normally I don't buy a game right away and especially not a pre-order, but I may have to make an exception for this one.
Giant mechs, robot dogs and killing Nazis. What more can you want?

Do they have Hitler in combat armor at the end like in the original? If they did that, I'm there.

BTW, as an incentive they are giving away a beta key to the next Doom with this game

http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-us/doom

Reply 13 of 46, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Do they have Hitler in combat armor at the end like in the original? If they did that, I'm there.

I gotta admit, that would be a strong selling point.

Reply 15 of 46, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Rebooting Wolfenstein - when there is no other fresh idea to do.

I think this'll also happen again in the future.

If they keep up that pace we're due for another one by 2019.

How about a Blake Stone reboot for a change? Or is that name not big enough?

Last edited by d1stortion on 2014-04-18, 02:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 17 of 46, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've lost interest in new FPS games after everything has been just a *cough**cough* called for duty on a moving train. **end of cough**

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers