VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just a heads up on this thread here that was posted on assembler forums: http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7366-duke3d-sw- … agold-material/
there are shots of early development of the games and more , check it out 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 12, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the heads-up! Those SW alpha shots look just sweet, wish they would have made a game out of that...

I wonder if they can dig out the actual recording of the intermission theme from Duke3D, it's played on a SC-88 😀

Reply 2 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

THIS IS TREMENDOUS. I CAN'T EVEN TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY! 😁

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 12, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

I have a feeling there may be gearbox repercussions from this.

Hopefully there'll not be any more legal bullshit surrounding Duke 😀 Gearbox is not an organisation that will ever receive any good will from me.

Reply 7 of 12, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Holering wrote:

Really hope the developers and artists don't get offended by this!

I'm sure some of them would like to see work that was previously kept under lock and key released. And given the timespan there must be a whole stack of it 😀

Reply 8 of 12, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The old Duke3D logos reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy make me think of Duke 2 for some reason........

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 9 of 12, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, they are quite reminiscent of Duke II, especially the one with the skyscrapers in the letters. I was amazed at those early Shadow Warrior screenshots too.

A lot of stuff in there, it's too bad that some of the more interesting ones like DNF and Prey cannot be released. Duke Nukem Forever actually started life as a 2D platformer with prerendered backgrounds and sprites. Eventually, they sold the engine to some other company and they released a game I used to play a lot as a kid, Alien Rampage.

I think, my two holy grails would be Prey circa 1997-1998 and Duke Nukem Forever 2001. Prey was exhibited in E3 and there are a couple of videos out there with some nice stuff. Looked pretty cutting edge at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcSp0CznRNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L29DSSQT3Ek

The DNF 2001 trailer was also amazing. I doubt the game could have ever been released and been as awesome as that trailer. It was just too good.

Of course, beggars can't be choosers, and we should always appreciate what we're getting. As such, I am very very greatful to the guys at Interceptor Software, they're being too nice with the fans.

Reply 12 of 12, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I liked the piracy warning in the one screenshot about turning in the person who gave you the game for a possible reward. I seriously doubt very many people would have taken them up on that. I can see the decision making process now. Software pirate thinks: Hmmm...they want me to turn in my buddy who gave me this game (and hundreds of other games, BTW) in exchange for...maybe enough money to buy a few games or maybe a few free games from their back catalog. To reiterate: They want to give me basically 3 or 4 free games but in order to get that, I have to cut myself off from a source of hundreds of free games. No thanks.

The reward for turning in software pirates would had to have been a whole lot greater than they would have easily been able to afford to pay to get someone to turn somebody else in, ESPECIALLY if the someone being turned in was an insider at a software company leaking games before their official release dates.