VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some don't like the idea of kickstarting, and some do.

So, how many projects have you invested in? Did all those games come to pass?

Were there any that got cancelled abruptly after successfully funded - meaning lost money?

And what are the games you have funded and waiting still for their release date?

I have two :

1.) Hero-U : Rogue to Redemption - Spiritual successor to the Quest for Glory series by their makers - Lori and Corey Cole

and

2.) Grim Dawn : From the makers of Titan Quest (ex-developers of the now-defunct Iron Lore Entertainment.)

(Both as a basic supporter, not as the high-end Loyalist or VIP or Premium grade etc. supporter.)

Both the Quest for Glory series and Titan Quest and it's expansion Immortal Throne are some of my all-time favourites.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 13, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wasteland 2.

There have been other since that looked tempting but I don't believe in throwing money away and still don't trust this whole Kickstarter thing.

Once Wasteland 2 comes out I'll look into others but at the extreme most it would be funding one or two until they are completed.

Hero-U looks interesting but Titan Quest bored the hell out of me and I didn't like how the devs responded to their supposed piracy issue.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 13, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I backed the Double Fine Adventure to show my support for the classic adventure genre. Since then I wanted to back the Tex Murphy adventure, Satellite Reign, and a few others but just happened to never have a spare $15 or whatever in my "silly purchases" fund.

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 3 of 13, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh so many. I was on a Kickstarter tear for a bit there. I'm kinda done with it now as some of the ones I supported really didn't end up being worth it.

Leisure Suit Larry - Being a huge fan, I was super excited for this one. It ended up being just OK.

Wasteland 2 - Waiting on the final release before I make up my mind.

Tex Murphy - Should be out soon, I'm holding out hope.

Ouya - OH NO more like. This one was a huge waste of money. So many promises, so little delivered.

Star Citizen - Also waiting for final release. I'm less interested in the multiplayer which looks to be their focus. I want to try the single player.

Shroud of the Avatar - I love Ultima, but again, not really caring much about the multiplayer focus of this one.

Giana Sisters - Meh, the game play oddness and difficulty of this one disappointed me.

SpaceVenture - Still in progress, but early shots look good.

Atari 2600 Star Castle - Was well worth it. Should retain good collector value.

Cheetahmen II - I knew the game would suck going into it, that was sort of the point. But, I don't see this one being worth much.

Shantea - Still in progress. Should be a good one.

Mighty Number 9 - In progress, long long way off. Love mega man.

Mobius - Done, haven't played it yet. Early reviews don't look promising.

Consortium - No thoughts on it yet.

Hero-U - No thoughts on it yet.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 4 of 13, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

None. I really like what has happened, but I'd much rather pay for the final product. Tex Murphy Tesla Effect is coming out tomorrow and I'll definitely be buying it 😀.
The demo was very very well done, it captured everything Tex Murphy.

Reply 5 of 13, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kickstarters I've backed:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation
Nexus 2: The Gods Awaken (not reached its fundinggoal)
Colonial Marines or Space Marines, I can't even remember the name as I backed it because I got the money back from Nexus, I used a prepay card and would expire but this game didn't make it either.
Elite: Dangerous
The 90's Arcade Racer (via Paypal when it already was funded).

Backed through other means:

Star Citizen
Next Car Game

I wanted to back a whole lot more but I more or less lost interest in every project I backed because they end up not promising or just take too long or both.

Reply 6 of 13, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Let me see:

Double Fine adventure (Broken Age) - Turned out to be a very good game imo. Loved playing the first part, waiting for p2.

Leisure Suit Larry - Turned out OKish

Takedown - Haven't played it yet.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Looking forward to this one.

Star Citizen - Looking forward to this one.

Wasteland 2 - A bit doubtful after reading some preview articles of the beta

Outcast Reboot HD - Excited for this one! I know what I'm getting as its the same game I played back in 1999.

The Banner Saga - Cool game, good reviews, looking forward to the next parts

Nekro - Mix between Dungeon Keeper and Myth. Looks great!

Starlight Inception - Releases 22nd of April, so will have to wait tomorrow 😀

Project Eternity - This looks really promising!

Torment: Tides of Numenera - Same as above

Planetary Annihilation - A Next Generation RTS

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 7 of 13, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Star Citizen - mostly want some single player action. Hopefully at least that part turns out good.

Shadowrun Returns - ended up a pretty solid game.

Outcast HD

STASIS

Reply 8 of 13, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm..

LSL Reloaded
Two Guys' SpaceVenture
Double Fine Adventure
Armikrog (from Neverhood creators)
Republique (stealth game with Dave Hayter, voice of Solid Snake)
Tex Murphy
Satellite Reign
Jetpack 2

Also two non-gaming campaigns, the uArm and the new MC Lars album.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 10 of 13, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I completely missed the campaign of Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded during the development period, and when I stumbled upon Al Lowe's site after a long gap, I came to know that LSL had been released.

I bought it after it was released just to show support to Al Lowe (and his team), even though I already have the Sierra's LSL Collection.

LSL Reloaded is okay, and it's from Al Lowe, so I feel good about supporting him. The same reason I'm backing Hero-U - ex-Sierra employees Lori and Corey Cole. (Plus QFG series is one of my favourites ever.)

Sierra is my most favourite game company since my childhood years, and it's nice to see the ex-developers still trying to bring out what I enjoyed those days. Too bad the Police Quest project didn't take off. Co-incidentally, I didn't have the spare fund to support it during it's campaign.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 11 of 13, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

None actually. However, if there was a kickstarter project to remake Their Finest Hour or Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, I would be very interested.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 13 of 13, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quite a few:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/piotrek
And I'm happy with most of them. Some comments:
Shadowrun Returns is a great game - the setting, the graphics.
I love my OUYA - I really appreciate how the team behind it still supports it despite the shit thrown at them.
Oculus Rift - everyone knows this one. I hope it will be the 3dfx Voodoo of VR.
Dispatch - a great piece of software. I love tiny utilities which have a lot of impact on my work.
Battle of the Bulge - an exceptionally polished game.

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices