VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by intel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got my hands on one of these the other week and was wondering if anyone has the Original install CD's for this device? Or maybe a place to download it. Ideally I would like the entire CD not just the drivers.

Reply 1 of 5, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As far as I'm aware everything included with the Game TheaterXP was freebie software except for CyberLink (and I'd be surprised if you can't find a copy of that; a lot of video cards included it in the early 2000s). Personally I wouldn't bother with any of the freebie applications - they're all heavily deprecated, and some of them have gotten pretty awful with time (like MusicMatch).

The rest of what the GameTheater XP included:

MusicMatch Jukebox (free to download version)
ACID Xpress (free version)
Kool Karaokee Lite (which is afaik free software)
MagiX PlayR Jukebox (also afaik free software)

Source: http://www.dansdata.com/gtxp.htm

If you want some DAW software to play around with, try Audacity, or pay for Sound Forge. C|net has the base drivers for the card available thru Download.com: http://download.cnet.com/Hercules-Game-Theate … 4-10162983.html

Reply 3 of 5, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Are Game Theater and Game Surround the same card???

No, the Game Theater XP was not just a sound card, it required it's breakout box to be connected to it. It was an amazing and really fantastic sound card! I owned one back in the day and absolutely loved it. 😎

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 5 of 5, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have the CDs, I'll try to find them this weekend.

It also includes Yamaha SYXG50, which is neat.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread