Common searches

Smf-Player

Topic actions

First post, by fedepede04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
by accident I found this forum, I discovered it then i found a person pointing to a program that I had made in ancient times (Feel like ancient times 😀 )
I have think after that i have look a little closer on this forum, that maybe some of you could be interested in a program that is very rare.
it is not me that made the program, it was two of my friends that made it for Roland Denmark. Roland does not own the rights for the program, they only bought a number of copy each time they needed them. i did make the opl3 driver in the program, but the program main focus was for Rolands general midi boxes.
i have found out that the program have problems playing newer GM files, probably because the program was made in the beginning of the GM format.

i do have the sources files, but i have forgot all borland turbo pascal and i don't have the time to learn it again, but if some would be interested in it, and think they could fix the gm player they could have a copy.

to download the normal program exe file

Filename
Smfplay.rar
File size
309.82 KiB
Downloads
341 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Btw i do have rights from one of the creator to give the program away 😀

Link to youtube if one will see the program in action before downloading it 😀
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd9-sw … feature=mh_lolz

roland.png

Last edited by fedepede04 on 2014-05-03, 07:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 7, by fedepede04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi
i need to find the source code first, the source code is not like the program that i have uploaded, I won't give the source code to all, because it is not my work, but if some can fix the program, then i think it's for the better good,
i am sorry if that i wrote like i would give them to all, but my English is not always the best.
but if one or you or both think, that you can fix the program, then great 😀

i think that i have a good idea what's wrong about the program, it sound like the program decoding some of the control changes wrong, so that it effect the tempo in only that midi channel.
making the channels come out of sync.

Reply 4 of 7, by fedepede04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i can upload source code for the opl3 driver because it was me that made it 😀

Filename
Opl3 Driver.rar
File size
17.68 KiB
Downloads
136 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 7, by MobyGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is a fun little program 😀 Any chance we can get the full source code? It's currently compiled for 286+ when it doesn't need to be, and could be compiled for 808x systems. (Which I'm happy to do, it would save me the time of RE"ing the program)

Reply 6 of 7, by fedepede04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MobyGamer wrote:

This is a fun little program 😀 Any chance we can get the full source code? It's currently compiled for 286+ when it doesn't need to be, and could be compiled for 808x systems. (Which I'm happy to do, it would save me the time of RE"ing the program)

s
i have to talk to them before i can release the source code, there can go some time because i don't talk to them very often anymore.
the 286 compiling, i think to remember that it had something to do with the memory, in player, not my driver .
there are an error in smf player when loading some file, my logic say it have something to do with that it probably don't know all "control changes" codes so it Misinterpretation the code.

Reply 7 of 7, by MobyGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fedepede04 wrote:

the 286 compiling, i think to remember that it had something to do with the memory, in player, not my driver .

A quick disassemble shows no XMS, EMS, or DPMI usage, so I think it was just because they wanted slightly more speed on 286+ systems. But it should work on 8086 with a recompile (your driver too), so see if they're open to it. It's a nice little player.