Common searches

Reply 40 of 48, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TELVM wrote:
snorg wrote:

... It looks like they are strongly hinting at them developing some soft of Doom or Wolfenstein-like game ...

Far too low horsepower for that, but may be something simpler in the style of MIDI Maze.

Yeah, it sounds to me like a Maze derivative.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 41 of 48, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interview with the Halt and Catch Fire Season 3 staff:
http://www.fastcompany.com/3063135/most-creat … ch-time-machine

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 42 of 48, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great show. Even my non-techy wife is into it. 🤣.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 43 of 48, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cameron and Gordon were playing Doom in the latest episode this season.

Her game got a bad review because users just want mindless games to play. heh.

Reply 44 of 48, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@DosFreak--We watched the season premier and it was really hard to hear/understand the dialog. The sound mix seemed really bad, like the music volume was too high. Did you notice that?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 45 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I watched the first season and though it was great. Do seasons two and three hold up?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 46 of 48, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
clueless1 wrote:

@DosFreak--We watched the season premier and it was really hard to hear/understand the dialog. The sound mix seemed really bad, like the music volume was too high. Did you notice that?

I usually end up turning on subtitles whenever I can so I don't really notice too much but sometimes yeah newer shows seem harder to listen to the dialogue...hoping it's the shows and not my hearing.

Reply 47 of 48, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:

I watched the first season and though it was great. Do seasons two and three hold up?

They have a very different flavor to them but yeah, I felt the show has only gotten better as time has gone on. They are really making Bosworth a more nuanced character and exploring a sort of father/mentor angle with him and Cameron. Watching Mutiny evolve and then culminate with the ousting of Cam and the eventual complete parting of the ways with Gordon and Donna was also interesting.

And in this latest season: Donna has really grown, she is now a full-blown venture capitalist and Joe and Gordon look set to become possibly the next Google/Lycos this season.

Reply 48 of 48, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I watched the finale of Halt and Catch Fire this afternoon and man, they crushed it. Excellent show, I'm so glad that AMC didn't cancel it. If you haven't been watching it and have the patience for a slow burn of a tv show, you will be rewarded. <spoilers below>

Gordon dying was tough to watch, and the way they chose to depict it via his flashbacks of Donna I felt was very heartwarming.

Was very glad that Bos pulled through, although given that by the end of the show it was taking place in 1994 or so he shouldn't have been that amazed when his doctor told him he would live "well into the 21st century".

I also was sad for Haley, I thought that her friend at the hotdog stand was an actual active love interest and not just a crush that she was only just then acting on.

Cam and Joe breaking up...I suppose I should have seen that coming but that was still rough, I'm glad they sort of softened the blow a bit by having Cam and Donna reconcile.

It was definitely a very bittersweet show to watch, and Joe's character arc was especially rewarding, I felt that he and Gordon grew the most through the show. I was a little bit surprised he ended up a humanities professor but it didn't seem totally out of character. I think after 3 tech companies he was probably ready to do something else.

But yeah, I was really impressed with the way they wrapped everything up, no BS Soprano's style ending or loose ends.