VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 34, by Liqu1d82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dreamweb - one of my favourites: the essence of the cyberpunk made videogame.

sig.gif
Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
http://liqu1d82.tumblr.com [My Tumblr] // https://twitter.com/Liqu1d82 [My Twitter]

Reply 24 of 34, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Liqu1d82 wrote:

Dreamweb - one of my favourites: the essence of the cyberpunk made videogame.

YES!!! (take a look on your left...) 🤣
Martian Memorandum is another great cyberpunk game as well. Rex Nebular is also interesting. Space Quest IV also has some cyberpunk references but falls more into the comic context.

Reply 25 of 34, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know if one would classify this as cyberpunk strictly but Gunmetal (from Mad Genius Software) is quite a good game.

You play as a member of a massive megacorporation's private army, controlling a small hover tank drone through the use of a virtual reality interface and you are usually sent to conduct raids upon other corporations assets. The whole universe in Gunmetal is dominated by massive corporations and corporate alliances, there isn't really any strong government to be seen. The only funny thing is, Earth is considered a demilitarized zone in Gunmetal's universe, but the treaties get broken regardless.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 26 of 34, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DracoNihil wrote:

I don't know if one would classify this as cyberpunk strictly but Gunmetal (from Mad Genius Software) is quite a good game.

You play as a member of a massive megacorporation's private army, controlling a small hover tank drone through the use of a virtual reality interface and you are usually sent to conduct raids upon other corporations assets. The whole universe in Gunmetal is dominated by massive corporations and corporate alliances, there isn't really any strong government to be seen. The only funny thing is, Earth is considered a demilitarized zone in Gunmetal's universe, but the treaties get broken regardless.

If it involves virtual reality and megacorporations, I'd pretty much consider it cyberpunk.

Reply 27 of 34, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A game I like that kind of falls into the Cyberpunk genre, at least somewhat, is "The Moment of Silence". Classic point and click adventure. Also it could be said that "The Longest Journey" series has a cyberpunk element to it, although it's mixed in with fantasy. "Ripper" also could be said to be a cyberpunk game. I'd dare say that due to the nature of cyberpunk, it has been covered pretty extensively throughout computer gaming history.

WinXP : PIII 1.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 73GB SCSI HDD, Matrox Parhelia, SB Audigy 2.
Win98se : K6-3+ 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Matrox Millennium G400 MAX, Voodoo 2, SW1000XG.
DOS6.22 : Intel DX4, 64MB RAM, 1.6GB HDD, Diamond Stealth64 DRAM, GUS 1MB, SB16.

Reply 30 of 34, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I could have sworn I made a reply to this thread but now I don't see it. What's up with that? Seems odd that it would just go missing.

-Edit- Mystery solved, looks like it was a different but similar thread.

Reply 31 of 34, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Daikatana has cyberpunk and generally sucks but I'm still kinda enjoying it. 😀 The main problem is it feels like it was made by some annoyingly immature people.

Cybermage is a game few people mention but it has a ton the '90s Origin cyberpunk look & feel. It also has some elements of System Shock, though it is mostly a Doom clone. Strife and Cyclones might be candidates too.

Reply 32 of 34, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
snorg wrote:

Mystery solved, looks like it was a different but similar thread.

Yup. Let's link them for future-searchers.

Late 90's / early 2000's Cyberpunk asthetic
Late 90's / early 2000's Cyberpunk asthetic