Common searches

First post, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm really into Hunter these last few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVE9honbJA

Last night I finished watching episode 17 of the 1st season. I believe the whole show is on Youtube which saves me the hassle of downloading it 😀 I tried watching an episode of Hill Street Blues but I found it so boring that I couldn't watch the whole episode.

When I feel like watching something else, I watch this cartoon called Dragon Hunter 😀 Next on my list there are Cagney & Lacey, Moonlighting and Miami Vice and Enterprise. Yeah, I'm really getting into the 80's cop shows 😀 I like the simplicity, no mobile phones, very little computers, old cars and everything is just slower and less graphic.

The shows I enjoyed in the past were Due South, Southern Exposure, Star Trek TNG, Band of Brothers, Pacific, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly etc.

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 1 of 51, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lately I've been watching Star Trek TOS on DVD. Really need to pick up the original Season 1 box set at some point as I have the second and third seasons, but not the first. :B

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 51, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lol. Very nice, I think I'm going to have to start watching that. Recently I started watching The Greatest American Hero on youtube. It's campy but pretty good. 🤣
In the past I never gave the series a chance because of the level of sillyness, glad I finally did. 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mazmv4ZuMuE&li … Uaxo4QF&index=2

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 4 of 51, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I hardly watch any TV shows nowadays; between my job, retro-gaming, and taking care of personal affairs, my weekday schedule is pretty much full. I may watch something on weekends like the odd Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits episode (I have the DVD box sets) or, if I'm in the mood, an old movie like The War of the Worlds (1953 version), The Shining, or The Terminator.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 6 of 51, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last year I started to watch a lot of retro TV shows on DVD like Airwolf, Tour of Duty, Miami Vice (best show on TV ever), Fall Guy, Knight Rider, Six Million dollar Man, Married With Children, etc.

Some more nerdier shows I've been watching: Star Trek TNG, Voyager, and a little DS9.

I tried to get into the old Star Gate SG1 shows and I have to say I don't like it that much (but I do like the original MacGyver show 🤣 )

More recent shows I've been watching (mostly re-runs): Two and a half men, Modern Family, and a bunch of Food network shows.

Lately though, most of my TV watching has been dominated by watching sports with the NBA and NHL finals having just finished and of course the world Cup in Brazil being on now 😀

Reply 7 of 51, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm at S2 of my Breaking Bad BDs and on Friday came S6 of ST:TNG on BD. Now i only need more time to watch them.^^

My YouTube Channel

Reply 8 of 51, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Half-Saint wrote:
I'm really into Hunter these last few days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVE9honbJA […]
Show full quote

Last night I finished watching episode 17 of the 1st season. I believe the whole show is on Youtube which saves me the hassle of downloading it 😀 I tried watching an episode of Hill Street Blues but I found it so boring that I couldn't watch the whole episode.

When I feel like watching something else, I watch this cartoon called Dragon Hunter 😀 Next on my list there are Cagney & Lacey, Moonlighting and Miami Vice and Enterprise. Yeah, I'm really getting into the 80's cop shows 😀 I like the simplicity, no mobile phones, very little computers, old cars and everything is just slower and less graphic.

The shows I enjoyed in the past were Due South, Southern Exposure, Star Trek TNG, Band of Brothers, Pacific, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly etc.

You're not alone, Hill Street Blues used to put me asleep back in the 80s. Although that could have had more to do with the fact I was maybe 7 or 8 years old at the beginning of its run and I was up past my bedtime?
Used to like Cagney & Lacey, Moon Lighting and MacGyver back in the day. MacGyver could fix your retro PC with a paperclip and bubblegum 😀 And Richard Dean Anderson is one of the few people I've ever seen that looked good with a mullet.

If I had the time, I'd like to watch the older Dr. Who episodes, Star Trek: TNG and Voyager from beginning to end. Maybe I'm spoiled by the newer Dr. Who episodes, but the older ones seem plodding now. Or maybe it is 30 years worth of MTV-style smash cuts that did this to me, I don't know. There are older movies I can watch, like most Hitchcock movies, and the pacing doesn't bother me but if I try to watch something like Andromeda Strain, it just seems so slow.

Currently I'm watching Halt and Catch Fire and had been watching Walking Dead but am contemplating ditching cable completely.

Reply 9 of 51, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Halt and Catch Fire - also been re-watching the entire X-Files run, just starting season 3. Oh, and Covert Affairs is back on.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 10 of 51, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:
You're not alone, Hill Street Blues used to put me asleep back in the 80s. Although that could have had more to do with the fac […]
Show full quote
Half-Saint wrote:
I'm really into Hunter these last few days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVE9honbJA […]
Show full quote

You're not alone, Hill Street Blues used to put me asleep back in the 80s. Although that could have had more to do with the fact I was maybe 7 or 8 years old at the beginning of its run and I was up past my bedtime?
Used to like Cagney & Lacey, Moon Lighting and MacGyver back in the day. MacGyver could fix your retro PC with a paperclip and bubblegum 😀 And Richard Dean Anderson is one of the few people I've ever seen that looked good with a mullet.

If I had the time, I'd like to watch the older Dr. Who episodes, Star Trek: TNG and Voyager from beginning to end. Maybe I'm spoiled by the newer Dr. Who episodes, but the older ones seem plodding now. Or maybe it is 30 years worth of MTV-style smash cuts that did this to me, I don't know. There are older movies I can watch, like most Hitchcock movies, and the pacing doesn't bother me but if I try to watch something like Andromeda Strain, it just seems so slow.

Currently I'm watching Halt and Catch Fire and had been watching Walking Dead but am contemplating ditching cable completely.

80's TV was the best. That was my generation. Magnum P.I., Airwolf, Knight Rider, Hunter, MacGuyver, The A-Team, Cheers, Miami Vice, ALF, Spenser For Hire, Quantum Leap, Growing Pains, Highway to Heaven, Night Court, Full House, Doogie Howser M.D., Mr. Belvedere, Hardcastle and McCormick, Riptide, Family Matters, Remington Steele, Matlock, Murder She Wrote, Too Close for Comfort, Trapper John, M.D., there was just so much good stuff to watch.

Reply 12 of 51, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I watched lots of the shows you guys mention but don't feel like watching them again for example Murder She Wrote or Matlock - fun to watch once 😀

But yeah, Quantum Leap, Cheers, Magnum P.I. fun times 😀

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png

Reply 13 of 51, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I mostly watch movies, but at the moment I am watching:

24: Live Another Day
Halt and Catch Fire

I will continue the below once they start again:

American Horror Story
Fargo
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Orange Is the New Black
The Walking Dead
True Detective

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 15 of 51, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Currently making my way through Star Trek TNG in sequence (I'm somewhere in Season 4) on DVD. Before that was going through Leverage on DVD - I think a lot of you guys that enjoy 80s-era shows may find Leverage entertaining (it has a somewhat similar feel to stuff like The A-Team, MacGuyver, Heart to Heart, Remington Steele, etc IMO). I'm thinking DS9 will probably be my next-up - it's the only Star Trek series/thing I've never seen in any fashion.

Sliderider: I haven't heard "Airwolf" or "Highway to Heaven" in AGES. Brings back some memories there... 🤣 Speaking of, do you (or anyone else) remember Viper? 😊

Reply 16 of 51, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to watch the original Pokemon Anime but I've never watched TV in over ten years.

I rather just be locked up in my dark room on my computer 24/7. More entertaining than dumb television programmes.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 18 of 51, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
obobskivich wrote:

Currently making my way through Star Trek TNG in sequence (I'm somewhere in Season 4) on DVD. Before that was going through Leverage on DVD - I think a lot of you guys that enjoy 80s-era shows may find Leverage entertaining (it has a somewhat similar feel to stuff like The A-Team, MacGuyver, Heart to Heart, Remington Steele, etc IMO). I'm thinking DS9 will probably be my next-up - it's the only Star Trek series/thing I've never seen in any fashion.

Sliderider: I haven't heard "Airwolf" or "Highway to Heaven" in AGES. Brings back some memories there... 🤣 Speaking of, do you (or anyone else) remember Viper? 😊

DS9 is great. After TOS it's my favorite ST.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 19 of 51, by Half-Saint

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just finished watching Hunter Season 3 Episode 5 when they deleted the account of the guy who uploaded everything. So now I'm considering getting a whole DVD box set from amazon 😀 Yeah, I like this show that much.

b15z33-2.png
f425xp-6.png