VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/23/world-of-wa … =zergnet_203288

Kind of reminds me of the South Park episode where the boys reached maximum level hunting boars. 🤣

Reply 6 of 13, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ratfink wrote:

just pay blizzard £40 for instant 90.

This sounds like a bad idea at first but I understand a lot of people already hire professional level-grinders to do this for them. Blizzard wants that money to go its way.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 8 of 13, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That just seems pointless? Unless you're one of the celebrities that are rumored to play WoW and don't have time to grind up that high. Or anyone else with more money than time, I suppose. I used to hate playing UO and AC and always getting spanked by people that seemed to dump their entire life into it. Or working hard to get out to the Direlands and by the time I get to a level where I am supposed to be able to survive, the damn devs at Turbine gimp my character or buff the monsters.

I'm pretty much done with MMOs due to that sort of nonsense.

Reply 9 of 13, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:

That just seems pointless? Unless you're one of the celebrities that are rumored to play WoW and don't have time to grind up that high. Or anyone else with more money than time, I suppose. I used to hate playing UO and AC and always getting spanked by people that seemed to dump their entire life into it. Or working hard to get out to the Direlands and by the time I get to a level where I am supposed to be able to survive, the damn devs at Turbine gimp my character or buff the monsters.

I'm pretty much done with MMOs due to that sort of nonsense.

Or maybe you're getting into the game late and want to play with your friends who are all level 90 already because they've been playing for years and you don't want to have to go through all that low level content to be able to play with them. I think it's $60 US for Blizzard to level your character to 90 with appropriate gear. A power leveling service would cost you a lot more and you'd still have to buy the gear from someone else. It's worth the money to bypass the entire game so far and be able to play in the newest expansion.

Reply 11 of 13, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Remember Wow was designed with only 60 levels in mind. I remember grinding 1-60 for the first time, it took me more time than I can afford now with work and whatever personal life I have. Can't imagine going down this route again.

Reply 12 of 13, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This was the point of 'heirloom' items some years ago - to allow established players to level new characters quickly. That's not enough apparently.

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 13 of 13, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
2fort5r wrote:

This was the point of 'heirloom' items some years ago - to allow established players to level new characters quickly. That's not enough apparently.

Everquest went in the opposite direction a while back by introducing minimum levels for some gear. A lot of people were twinking alts with gear acquired by higher level characters which allowed them to breeze through low level content or selling such gear in the bazaar to other players with similar intentions so they created minimum levels where the gear scaled as you leveled so you wouldn't be able to get the maximum benefit from it until you had leveled enough. Then they went and created the Defiant loot drops which basically killed the market for everything that wasn't part of the most recent expansion. Why bother doing quests, killing bosses, or crafting anything when you can get level 60+ raid gear from level 1 skeleton?