Few random questions

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

I didn't say the injuries resulting was awesome >:\

over 20 years of computing and i've yet to see a computer of mine go out like that....

I'm sorry, I misconstrued what you meant by "awesome". I apologize.

And your average home PC won't do that. That's around much heavier electrical gear (substations, power supply rooms in buildings, power plants, sometimes data center power facilities)

Worst I've had happen to a PC, was when my uncle handed me a bunch of parts, and asked me to put it together. On paper, everything looked good, but when I fired it up, I wondered why the hell there was a bright LED near the CPU? And then the burnt silicon smell hit. A VRM caught fire for some reason.

Reply 21 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ElectricMonk wrote:

Except you were wanting know "What is your basis for this conlusion? Non-ionizing radiation does not somehow become more dangerous if you up the intensity", and I was giving you examples from first hand knowledge. Neither of us were discussing levitation.

The OP was asking about "high power electro magnetic fields" in terms of fields that could levitate objects. Whatever.

leileilol wrote:

"nightmares"? I think that looks awesome! 😁

Indeed, none of it make me particularly queasy. Barely even ranks a PG rating at the movies. I thought you had something gruesome in mind. No doubt I would think differently if I was anywhere near as experienced as you.

Reply 22 of 23, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:

Except you were wanting know "What is your basis for this conlusion? Non-ionizing radiation does not somehow become more dangerous if you up the intensity", and I was giving you examples from first hand knowledge. Neither of us were discussing levitation.

The OP was asking about "high power electro magnetic fields" in terms of fields that could levitate objects. Whatever.

And yet you were implying how non-ionizing radiation somehow wasn't dangerous if you up the intensity, and I called you out on that. With 15 years dealing with "High Power EM Fields", I *might* just know what I'm talking about. I never ONCE said anything relating to OPs question about levitation, just your incorrect assertion.

But whatever. Keep moving the goal posts if it makes you feel better.

Reply 23 of 23, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
leileilol wrote:

"nightmares"? I think that looks awesome! 😁

Indeed, none of it make me particularly queasy. Barely even ranks a PG rating at the movies. I thought you had something gruesome in mind. No doubt I would think differently if I was anywhere near as experienced as you.

Because I'm not about to hotlink to the gruesome stuff. There are TONS of videos and pictures of the incidents and their aftermath, and NONE are appropriate for this board.