VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hai, some of here might have experinced the problem maybe,
it sems that it hasnt installed the midi section of the sound card and it wont work on the soundfont part either.

Last edited by Nic-93 on 2014-07-14, 20:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You're not making any sense! What drivers did you try to install? What "multimedia list" are you looking at? Where are you trying to select something as a sound card?

Reply 2 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

You're not making any sense! What drivers did you try to install? What "multimedia list" are you looking at? Where are you trying to select something as a sound card?

i did try explainin it best as i could..it says there is no device that can do the soundfonts
what i meant with the multimedia list where the section where you pick what midi driver and soundcard etc..

Reply 3 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nic-93 wrote:

it says there is no device that can do the soundfonts

What is "it" ? What exactly is saying there is no device that can "do" the soundfonts?

what i meant with the multimedia list where the section where you pick what midi driver and soundcard etc..

What multimedia list? How did you get to this multimedia list?

If you can't explain what you are looking at, then please post some screenshots.

Reply 4 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:
What is "it" ? What exactly is saying there is no device that can "do" the soundfonts? […]
Show full quote
Nic-93 wrote:

it says there is no device that can do the soundfonts

What is "it" ? What exactly is saying there is no device that can "do" the soundfonts?

What multimedia list? How did you get to this multimedia list?

If you can't explain what you are looking at, then please post some screenshots.

erm, im used to the forum has a image uploading function and this forum doesnt, so im a little lost on how to.

but i managed to get this out ''a soundfont capable device is needed to run this application no such device was located on this system''
and im talking about the list where you pick the sound device to be used for midi playback

Reply 5 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nic-93 wrote:

erm, im used to the forum has a image uploading function and this forum doesnt, so im a little lost on how to.

Just attach the image as a file. Click where it says "Upload attachment" below the text entry box.

but i managed to get this out ''a soundfont capable device is needed to run this application no such device was located on this system''

What application are you trying to run that is giving you this message?

im talking about the list where you pick the sound device to be used for midi playback

For the third fracking time, I have no idea what list you are talking about!!!

Last edited by Jorpho on 2014-07-15, 00:23. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 6 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:
Just attach the image as a file. Click where it says "Upload attachment" below the text entry box. […]
Show full quote
Nic-93 wrote:

Just attach the image as a file. Click where it says "Upload attachment" below the text entry box.

What application are you trying to run that is giving you this message?

im talking about the list where you pick the sound device to be used for midi playback

For the third fracking time, I have no idea what list you are talking about!!!

The picture is a bit fuzzy, but its when i do the soundfont showcase

Attachments

• Filename
    Untitled 3.jpg
    File size
    171.94 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Thank you. Now please answer my other question: What drivers did you try to install, specifically? And where did you get them from?

i downloaded it straight from this forum from the driver section.

Reply 9 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I asked you two questions. Please say which ones specifically you downloaded.

Also please state what specific model of Soundblaster Live you are trying to use. It should be written on the edge of the card – CT4620, SB0100, something like that.

Reply 10 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

I asked you two questions. Please say which ones specifically you downloaded.

Also please state what specific model of Soundblaster Live you are trying to use. It should be written on the edge of the card – CT4620, SB0100, something like that.

you already knew what type of sound blaster card it was CT4620
and its the sound blaster live! install cd.

Reply 12 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

Do you mean http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=512 ? Did you get any error messages during the installation?

Yep, and i said before what error i got already... ''a soundfont capable device is needed to run this application no such device was located on this system''
its not finding the card.

Reply 13 of 16, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wrote during the installation. Maybe you didn't install the drivers correctly. I have no idea, as there is very little information to work with here.

So: when you installed the drivers, did you get any other error messages?

And, is your SoundBlaster Live otherwise working correctly? I see you also have a Yamaha device and a SoundMAX device, but I am asking about your SoundBlaster Live. Can you get any sound to play from your SoundBlaster Live?

Reply 14 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

I wrote during the installation. Maybe you didn't install the drivers correctly. I have no idea, as there is very little information to work with here.

So: when you installed the drivers, did you get any other error messages?

And, is your SoundBlaster Live otherwise working correctly? I see you also have a Yamaha device and a SoundMAX device, but I am asking about your SoundBlaster Live. Can you get any sound to play from your SoundBlaster Live?

No, i didnt get any errors during the installation, and as you can see on the list, there is no SoundBlaster live on it.
and i cant really test if i get any sound from it since its not on there.

Reply 15 of 16, by darksheer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you using virtual pc or something like that ?
Is the sound card detected in the device manger ? If yes, is there some yellow mark next to it (should indicate that your card is recognised by the system but conflicting with something) ?
If yes, try to manually change its IRQ, IO and DMA (by assigning non used ones) under Windows and restart.

Reply 16 of 16, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darksheer wrote:

Are you using virtual pc or something like that ?
Is the sound card detected in the device manger ? If yes, is there some yellow mark next to it (should indicate that your card is recognised by the system but conflicting with something) ?
If yes, try to manually change its IRQ, IO and DMA (by assigning non used ones) under Windows and restart.

where can i do that?