VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Alucard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm searching for the demo "Isle of Morg". All links I found were dead ones.

Reply 1 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It looks like the third or fourth Google search result should have it on their FTP server still, if someone has access they should be able to put it somewhere else for you.

It appears it was never intended to be shared on anything but nVidia GeForce2 GTS Experience demo CDs.
http://web.archive.org/web/20001213044000/htt … /morg_frame.htm

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 2 of 22, by maximus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have also been looking for "Isle of Morg" for quite some time. It would actually be incredibly helpful if VOGONS maintained its own FTP to store hard-to-find files such as this one.

PCGames9505

Reply 4 of 22, by maximus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:

I suggest just making a Mediafire account and sharing files. It has worked well for me for years.

I actually got halfway through opening a Mediafire account, then I realized it was the Dagoth Moor demo I have, not Isle of Morg... d'oh!

I'm sure there is someone on these forums who has a copy of Isle of Morg. Perhaps on a CD that came with a GeForce2?

PCGames9505

Reply 6 of 22, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

BUT IT HAS THIEF 2 DEMO TACHYON DEMO DAIKATANA DEMO AND A Q3 LEVEL!1!!!!1

So helpful of them to save you from the hardship of downloading some demos! Such ADDED VALUE!!!!

Is the Quake3 map the NV15 tech demo one?

Reply 8 of 22, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got this in my archive.

There you go: ftp://78.46.141.148/demos/nvidia/Geforce2/isle_of_morg.7z

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 10 of 22, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote:

There you go: ftp://78.46.141.148/demos/nvidia/Geforce2/isle_of_morg.7z

Thank you, it seemed like this had disappeared from the whole internet...

Reply 11 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
elianda wrote:

I thought of checking there but I couldn't quickly determine what folder you'd have it in. 😉

Stiletto

Reply 12 of 22, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
elianda wrote:

I thought of checking there but I couldn't quickly determine what folder you'd have it in. 😉

Actually it was not in the public area of the ftp, but I had it locally. I just uploaded it and will also put a bunch more techdemos there.
So check back there in a few days.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel

Reply 16 of 22, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry I didn't tested this.
However Isle of Morg is also included in the Geforce2 Experience package, which you can find here
ftp://78.46.141.148/demos/nvidia/Geforce2/experience/
I did test it and it installs fine.

I will have a look at the single Isle of Morg package later, maybe it works with another setup.lid file and I get it fixed.

Youtube Channel

Reply 17 of 22, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ the whole pack works fine, it takes a long time for the installer to load on win7/x64 but all demos work... Island has erratic controls though on a modern pc 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 18 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
konc wrote:

Anyone tried it? Any issues with a setup.lid not found?
If no, does it need a specific environment in order for setup to run?

I had no trouble installing and running it on my old XP laptop (Dell Inspiron 700m).

However, there were graphical artifacts caused by incompatibility between "Isle of Morg" and the graphics drivers (6.14.10.4396) for its Intel Extreme Graphics 2 M (82852/82855 GM/GME) graphics controller (VBIOS 3104). Don't have the time to troubleshoot more.

Stiletto

Reply 19 of 22, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I retested Isle of Morg from the 7z archive and it installs fine in Win9x. In Win7 32 bit it however asks for setup.lid.
I tried a setup.lid template for language 9 which is english. However the installer then just starts and quits after a few seconds.
So my guess is that it is some incompatibility with the old 16 bit InstallShield Installer.

Use the Geforce2 GTS Experience installer if the separate version does not install.

Youtube Channel