VOGONS

Common searches

Obscure Old Racing Game

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 33, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

well, the gameplay video either doesn't have the track that I used to play on, or it's not the same game.

Either way, I can't wait to play Motorhead. The track designs look like someone mixed Dethkarz and Rollcage together. Looks freakin' awesome. Even if it turns out not to be the game I was looking for, something good came out of this.

Reply 24 of 33, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Yasashii wrote:

Of all of these Motorhead looks the closest to the blurry image in my memory. Might just be it. I'll let you know when I get my hands on it.

One of the Rollcage games maybe?
I didn't mention them before because I hardly consider them obscure.

Reply 25 of 33, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nope. I remember having a Rollcage demo back then and the full version is sitting on my hard drive right now waiting for me to finish playing other stuff.

Reply 27 of 33, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't think so. If there was, a moderator would have probably put the posts of this thread in there.

leileilol wrote:

Around the same time frame.... and also hilariously shoehorned with Nascar... Jeff Gordon XS Racing?

Not it. Although I will definitely check it out... looks awesome...

Reply 28 of 33, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

what gets me is the car was basically a rectangle however by the mid 90 let alone the early 2000s graphics had notable advanced beyond that point. it could be a REALLY obscure ultra small time/homemade game.

Reply 29 of 33, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Megarace or Megarace2.

Do i get the cigar?

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 33 of 33, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Viper Racing or maybe Wipeout 2097 / Wipeout XL?

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁