Rank
l33t++

http://it.slashdot.org/story/14/08/18/0016223 … medium=facebook

Reply 2 of 5, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And THIS is one of the reasons why I have never, in my entire life, subscribed to the notion of having software automatically update itself. :P

Windows has been bothering me to install updates for a number of days now and I eventually will, though with this piece of news I'll probably wait at least another couple weeks.

Just looked into my pending updates list too and noticed that the biggest culprit, KB2982791, isn't in the list anymore. :B

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

On my home systems I never have it automatically update.
Work they are managed centrally and pushed out.

On my parents systems they do automatically push out.

I've always wished automatic updates had a "delay for x weeks feature" for home users but since it doesn't I guess a scheduled task could be setup that starts and stops the service.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 5, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Same here. Any sane and reasonably savvy user would set to "check ... but let me choose whether to download and install".
I just wish that the annoying restart notice would give me the option to postpone for at least 4 days. :p

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)